Hello!

I have been looking into buying a new headset and I thought that the Corsair Vengeance 2100 was the best choice. Wireless that did not fall in quality, was stylish and had 7.1 sound. After thinking for a while I thought that it may be better to buy the Corsair Vengeance 1400 which are analog and have a 3.5mm jack and also buy a sound card. What's going to work best and which sound card would you recommend? I have heard that Asus ROG phoebus xonar sound card is the best. Any other headsets you recommend? I play mostly FPS games like CS:GO and BF4. The headset don't have to have a microphone. My budget is around 200-250 bucks.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry for my bad grammar!

The headset don't have to have a microphone. 

Then get a nice pair of headphones instead! I assume your budget is ~$300 for it all? Are you in the USA?

Instead of an expensive soundcard, you can get a FiiO E10 which will sound better, and be cheaper, or get an O2 amp (ODAC is optional) for some truly nice hardware.

You could get something, much, much better. As stated above get FiiO E10 and a nice pair of headphones with ModMic 2.0.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Might want to look at getting something like the Sennheiser PC 360, plus an AMP/DAC like ShearMe mentioned.

Then get a nice pair of headphones instead! I assume your budget is ~$300 for it all? Are you in the USA?

Instead of an expensive soundcard, you can get a FiiO E10 which will sound better, and be cheaper, or get an O2 amp (ODAC is optional) for some truly nice hardware.

Im not from the US, I am from Sweden. I haven't researched this subject so much but I have seen reviews on the soundcard I listed. I will also listend to music and edit videos but the sound don't have to very good while doing that. I will be getting these for christmas and my budget is around $250.

Hello!

I play mostly FPS games like CS:GO and BF4. The headset don't have to have a microphone. My budget is around 200-250 bucks.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry for my bad grammar!

Look into the AD700x, I played BF4 with those all weekend to compare to my Custom One Pros, the AD700x are hands down the best gaming audio headphones I have experienced. You can get a mod mic to go with, but you don't need an AMP with these headphones. The Pheobus has some cool features, but it isn't the best sound for the money.

Might want to look at getting something like the Sennheiser PC 360, plus an AMP/DAC like ShearMe mentioned.

Yeah, I've looked into that headset aswell. Is that better than the Corsair V1400?

Im not from the US, I am from Sweden. I haven't researched this subject so much but I have seen reviews on the soundcard I listed. I will also listend to music and edit videos but the sound don't have to very good while doing that. I will be getting these for christmas and my budget is around $250.

How big your budget actually is in Swedish money? Where are you shopping?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Look into the AD700x, I played BF4 with those all weekend to compare to my Custom One Pros, the AD700x are hands down the best gaming audio headphones I have experienced. You can get a mod mic to go with, but you don't need an AMP with these headphones. The Pheobus has some cool features, but it isn't the best sound for the money.

Yeah I've looked into that headset aswell but I couldn't find a store in Sweden who selled it but I can buy it on Amazon. I almost buyed them earlier this year but I decided to wait for christmas. 

Seeing as you don't need a mic, I recommend these http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=734934 The Sennheiser HD558's are very nice, the sound is very pleasing, it's open, so you'll get good positional audio in games, and they are very comfortable after a little bit of breaking in. 

also, I found the AD700X. http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=2044934

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Yeah, I've looked into that headset aswell. Is that better than the Corsair V1400?

Lol, I should have looked at your user name.  :rolleyes:

PC360 is way better than any headset form a gaming peripherals company. You could get cheaper headphones that sound just as good since you don't need the mic, however.

Seeing as you don't need a mic, I recommend these http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=734934 The Sennheiser HD558's are very nice, the sound is very pleasing, it's open, so you'll get good positional audio in games, and they are very comfortable after a little bit of breaking in. 

Lol, I should have looked at your user name.  :rolleyes:

PC360 is way better than any headset form a gaming peripherals company. You could get cheaper headphones that sound just as good since you don't need the mic, however.

How big your budget actually is in Swedish money? Where are you shopping?

Oh thanks! I think I'll be going with the AD700X then. Due to my budget it will be too expensive with the AD700X and a good soundcard so I think that I will skip a soundcard for now and buy one later in Mars/April. I have a MSI Z87 G45 motherboard and the sound will not be terrible I think? When I buy a soundcard which do you recommend? 

Oh thanks! I think I'll be going with the AD700X then. Due to my budget it will be too expensive with the AD700X and a good soundcard so I think that I will skip a soundcard for now and buy one later in Mars/April. I have a MSI Z87 G45 motherboard and the sound will not be terrible I think? When I buy a soundcard which do you recommend? 

You don't need a sound card.

You don't need a sound card.

I know but the sound will be greatly improved if I get a soundcard

Get FiiO E10.

Get FiiO E10.

Well that is an external soundcard right? why not the Asus soundcard? I have never heard of that soundcard before.

Not really. Modern onboard audio is pretty good. Soundcards are a dying breed.

The FiiO E10 will be quite expensive in Sweden, so I wouldn't recommend it. If you really want a good source, look around for some local builders of the O2/ODAC combo units.

Not really. Modern onboard audio is pretty good. Soundcards are a dying breed.

The FiiO E10 will be quite expensive in Sweden, so I wouldn't recommend it. If you really want a good source, look around for some local builders of the O2/ODAC combo units.

Okay I'll skip a soundcard for the time being and see if the sound without a soundcard is good enough.

to lay to rest your thoughts on the corsair I have the vengeance 2000 and an ad700. the corsair is absolute poop for directional sound. engaging the "7.1" or the EAX and now dolby surround makes the poopy directional audio even worse like after going to an all you can eat curry buffet bad. 

also have a "xonar" card and when I use the "7.1" or dolby headphone "enhancement" it makes my ad700 an echoey reverb heavy mess.

save your money just purchase a headphone optimized for soundstage.