Dark Rock Pro 3 (Pro) and 8350?

Bayfish

So I'm looking to upgrade my cooling but I'm not sure what to go for. I currently own a FX 8350.

Coolers I'm looking at:

Dark Rock 3 - £55

Dark Rock 3 Pro - £65

Deepcool Captain 240Ex - £80

I'm also planning to upgrade to Ryzen down the line so I want the cooler to be able to support cope with overclocking but also staying quiet. Is the extra £10 worth it to get the pro, or is £15 increase from the 3 Pro to the 240Ex (AIO) a good choice?

The dark Rock Pro 3 is a significantly beefier cooler , it has 2 vs 1 cooling "towers" and double the fans included . 

It's this ( DR3)

41JDtUIUhBL.jpg

Vs THIS ( DRP3)

LD0001475341_2.jpg

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

The dark Rock Pro 3 is a significantly beefier cooler , it has 2 vs 1 cooling "towers" and double the fans included . 

It's this ( DR3)

41JDtUIUhBL.jpg

Vs THIS ( DRP3)

LD0001475341_2.jpg

I know but I'm wondering if it's worth the extra £10 over the non-pro but also the £15 less than the Deepcool 240Ex.

24 minutes ago, Baifish said:

I know but I'm wondering if it's worth the extra £10 over the non-pro but also the £15 less than the Deepcool 240Ex.

Well , the 240 EX is a high end AIO , but you won't be running against a thermal wall on ryzen anyway .

The DRP3 seems like the sweetspot . You can spring for the aio if you want to splurge , but i doubt you'd see a difference in terms of overclocking on ryzen . You might see a small difference on the 8350 though.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Considering its a AMD FX 8350 I would go with the Dark Rock Pro the Deep cool Captain 240Ex  is a little overkill. I myself have had the FX 8350 and a Liquid cooler (H80i v2) on it and its over the top. 

However if you do see yourself upgrading to a ryzen depending which model I would go for a Deep cool Captain 240EX (for overclocking)