What pool to.mine in?

Ok I was mining with minergate and mining xmr but I'm.pretty sure it's a scam and now I'm.lost. what miner do I use and what pool don't use? I'm.a huge noob in this and I have a computer running ubuntu and a Windows laptop. I'm.lost Completely please help.

Wait wat. that last part concussed  my ¨I have a computer running ubuntu and a Windows laptop. I'm.lost Completely please help.

So wat has a ubuntu basde system to do whit it. (just run a VM and pas a gpu to it)

Dont get my start on mining on a laptop....

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

4 minutes ago, Swealteek said:

Wait wat. that last part concussed  my ¨I have a computer running ubuntu and a Windows laptop. I'm.lost Completely please help.

So wat has a ubuntu basde system to do whit it. (just run a VM and pas a gpu to it)

Dont get my start on mining on a laptop....

I'm.confused. I have found plenty of Linux miners online. Why do I need Windows?

Im just looking for a miner a pool and a currency

Just now, Legolessed said:

I'm.confused. I have found plenty of Linux miners online. Why do I need Windows?

Im just looking for a miner a pool and a currency

If you have an AMD card, you can mine ether through ethermine.org, for nvidia cards I'm not sure. Make sure to set a .bat file the way that's instructed on their site.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Energycore said:

If you have an AMD card, you can mine ether through ethermine.org, for nvidia cards I'm not sure. Make sure to set a .bat file the way that's instructed on their site.

I've heard that for systems with one gpu and not insane specs etherium isn't worth it and zcash is better. Is this true? Or should I mine etherium?

I've heard that for systems with one gpu and not insane specs etherium isn't worth it and zcash is better. Is this true? Or should I mine etherium?

That's inaccurate. ETH is best on AMD cards and Zcash on Nvidia cards. It's that simple. I'm mining eth on an RX 480, doesn't make much but it's better than zcash.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Yes, but im gone argu if its your first time dealing white mining go for windows its easy lots of tutrols online  and you can OC whit afterbunner

Its like apple. if you just need it to work  and work wel go for apple if you like to test stuf and like to figger things out go whit linux

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

That's inaccurate. ETH is best on AMD cards and Zcash on Nvidia cards. It's that simple. I'm mining eth on an RX 480, doesn't make much but it's better than zcash.

my main system has a gtx 760. in my other computer i can put an ultra cheap nvidia quadro in or an r7 240. i kid of want to stick with one currency for now. so go with zcash? what miner should i get for ubuntu and what mining pool?

Just now, Swealteek said:

Yes, but im gone argu if its your first time dealing white mining go for windows its easy lots of tutrols online  and you can OC whit afterbunner

i use ubuntu all the time, ive overclocked my gpu in it too, im not a linux noob, i use it for my daily workflow.

my main system has a gtx 760. in my other computer i can put an ultra cheap nvidia quadro in or an r7 240. i kid of want to stick with one currency for now. so go with zcash? what miner should i get for ubuntu and what mining pool?

go with zcash but you might not be profitable. check out https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/ for an estimate (use total power consumption for the power entry and look up your 760's hash rate for zcash)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, Energycore said:

go with zcash but you might not be profitable. check out https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/ for an estimate (use total power consumption for the power entry and look up your 760's hash rate for zcash)

It says I'll make $1.70 with my cpu and gpu hashing rate combined. What miner and pool should I use though? Google is coming up with a little of different things that people have said are scams and I don't know what to look for

1 hour ago, Energycore said:

im following this guide but am lost on the last step of the supernova guide. help!!!! https://steemit.com/zcash/@imineblocks/how-to-mine-zcash-on-linux-ubuntu-nicehash-and-suprnova-miner

12 hours ago, Legolessed said:

im following this guide but am lost on the last step of the supernova guide. help!!!! https://steemit.com/zcash/@imineblocks/how-to-mine-zcash-on-linux-ubuntu-nicehash-and-suprnova-miner

Can't help you with zcash, I've no experience with it. Sorry

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Energycore said:

Can't help you with zcash, I've no experience with it. Sorry

i got it working! I have everything set up and mining zcash, pretty quickly actually. thank you for the help!