Kogan opinions?

Andrew0472

Hey guys i am thinking about getting a note 3 around christmas time but the thing is so damn expensive, 888 in all stores however kogan is selling it for around 640. I have heard about kogan selling second hand items and it is making me think if i should just save the extra 200 and get something legit. Has anyone here gone through kogan or heard anything about them?

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

I wouldn't bother with Kogan. They've had a shady past and an uncertain future. If you have to get a warranty done on it, they'd be a pain to deal with. Yes for those wondering, you don't go to the manufacturer in Australia, you go to the store you bought it from. 

They're pretty eh. I'm looking for a Note 3 too and this is what I'll probably be going with.

http://www.becextech.com.au/mobile-phones-samsung-mobile-phones-samsung-galaxy-note-iii-n9005-16gb-lte-smartphone-black-free-insurance-year-australian-warranty-p-4187.html

They have the 32GB version too for $649

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

I wouldn't bother with Kogan. They've had a shady past and an uncertain future. If you have to get a warranty done on it, they'd be a pain to deal with. Yes for those wondering, you don't go to the manufacturer in Australia, you go to the store you bought it from. 

mmm yeh i think im going to stay clear of kogan

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

They're pretty eh. I'm looking for a Note 3 too and this is what I'll probably be going with.

http://www.becextech.com.au/mobile-phones-samsung-mobile-phones-samsung-galaxy-note-iii-n9005-16gb-lte-smartphone-black-free-insurance-year-australian-warranty-p-4187.html

They have the 32GB version too for $649

is this place legit or are they getting the stuff from like hong kong and that as well. That isnt a problem but for warranties it might be 

Hey guys i am thinking about getting a note 3 around christmas time but the thing is so damn expensive, 888 in all stores however kogan is selling it for around 640. I have heard about kogan selling second hand items and it is making me think if i should just save the extra 200 and get something legit. Has anyone here gone through kogan or heard anything about them?

Do not get a note 3. S5 is coming out next year in march or april, and it will only be a little smaller. Probably cheaper too but it will also be metal and have more updated features. unless you have the 6 month upgrade plan. It takes 2 years for one for me.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is this place legit or are they getting the stuff from like hong kong and that as well. That isnt a problem but for warranties it might be 

Going by reviews they seem pretty legit, only briefly looked into them as I've only just started looking at getting a new phone.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

got a cheap android tablet from them ($200) http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/agora-10-dual-core-tablet-16gb/ for my mum and it arrived with dead pixels, The home button died after 2 months, battery life was terrible, the touch screen is dead in the middle right and the micro usb connector completely fell out 

most of their stuff is rubbish 

name brand is generally good 

shipping is really quick 

From what everyones saying, i'd just not even touch um. Better safe then sorry, and + just wait for s5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mate bought a Kogan phone just last week. He seems pretty impressed with it.

It's like a samsung galaxy /htc sensation hybrid looking phone.

And he got it for $170 which is pretty awesome.

Whether or not they're dodgy, I don't know, but so far so good.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Do not get a note 3. S5 is coming out next year in march or april, and it will only be a little smaller. Probably cheaper too but it will also be metal and have more updated features. unless you have the 6 month upgrade plan. It takes 2 years for one for me.

to be honest after having the htc one the metal does not bother me at all. I am a light user who just wants a large phone for youtube and stuff like that. I wouldn't be getting a new phone but my htc one broke and i doubt they will replace it meaning 300 bucks to get it fixed or 700 bucks for a note 3 (200 of which my parents will help out). By the time i get my phone back from repair i would have saved that from working anyway. I kinda feel like getting a plastic back anyway, i will be less paranoid by scratches and that. 

to be honest after having the htc one the metal does not bother me at all. I am a light user who just wants a large phone for youtube and stuff like that. I wouldn't be getting a new phone but my htc one broke and i doubt they will replace it meaning 300 bucks to get it fixed or 700 bucks for a note 3 (200 of which my parents will help out). By the time i get my phone back from repair i would have saved that from working anyway. I kinda feel like getting a plastic back anyway, i will be less paranoid by scratches and that. 

Eh i'd just wait for S5. Up to you.

Had no problems with anything from Kogan here. I did purchase a tv and the bessel looked kinda funny (however the panel was fine). 
They happily exchanged it with no issues. They also sell "brand-name" stuff for quite cheap. I bought a galaxy s3 over a year ago for <$400 outright, back then it was an absolute steal.
Phones still working like a charm. 

If you are really worried, buy brand name stuff from them if anything (they do decent deals).

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

Unless its a tv or radio, I wouldn't bother with Kogan.

I wouldn't risk it with Kogan either, they seem to put their personal tribulations before their customers.  Remember blocking IE users from buying from their online store?  then they totally screwed up their mobile customers buy trying to blackmail telstra into giving them a better deal.

Not very good business ethics and I think it will come back and bite, if not them, then their customers.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I wouldn't risk it with Kogan either, they seem to put their personal tribulations before their customers.  Remember blocking IE users from buying from their online store?  then they totally screwed up their mobile customers buy trying to blackmail telstra into giving them a better deal.

Not very good business ethics and I think it will come back and bite, if not them, then their customers.

Did you even know what happened? ISPone was wholesaling form Telstra to several companies (including Kogan) and stuffed up. 

Kogan couldn't negotiate with Telstra, and Medion (Aldi Mobile) managed to secure a deal, however if you look at Aldi mobile now, it's honestly crap and nothing like it was a few months ago. No unlimited voice and calls and 2.5gb of data, significantly less than it was only a few months ago. It appears Telstra has tried to make Boost Mobile (which they own) the only exclusive "unlimited calls/text" Telstra service.

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

Have had a pretty dodgy experience with products bought from Kogan and well Kogan in general. From watches to Qi chargers, both didn't work. Not even going to go into the issues I had with getting my number ported from Kogan, whole different issue altogether  :P . So yeah, never buying anything from Kogan again. If only us Aussies could get reliable products cheaply... 

/\  _   /\

=( ಠ__ಠ )=

)         ( 

Did you even know what happened? ISPone was wholesaling form Telstra to several companies (including Kogan) and stuffed up. 

Kogan couldn't negotiate with Telstra, and Medion (Aldi Mobile) managed to secure a deal, however if you look at Aldi mobile now, it's honestly crap and nothing like it was a few months ago. No unlimited voice and calls and 2.5gb of data, significantly less than it was only a few months ago. It appears Telstra has tried to make Boost Mobile (which they own) the only exclusive "unlimited calls/text" Telstra service.

Yes I do know what happened, First hand.

ISPone was a private wholesaler that brought from telstra and sold on to Kogan and to Aldi.  The problem was ISPone was selling for less than it was buying for and went bust. Telstra offered kogan and ALdi deals to keep their services running,  of course the deals weren't as good as the ISPone deals, because Telstra aren't going to drop their prices and sell below the cost.  ALdi accepted the deal and consequently had to change their product.  That is all fair and reasonable.  But Kogan said no, Kogan told tesltra they had to maintain selling for less than wholesale and match ISPones sale price or they'd take them to court.  You have to remember ISPone was a wholesaler and only brought from telstra, they were not owned buy telstra.  So telstra told them to take their best shot and consequently Kogan's offer was no longer available.  Kogan lost and left all their customers with no services.  Kogan had the choice to take the offer from telstra which was very reasonable.  

I know several people who switched to Aldi after this and my wife was on an aldi plan from before this.  The service is not Shit, you just don't get quite as much for your money.  However it is still one of the cheapest mobile deals In Australia.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yes I do know what happened, First hand.

ISPone was a private wholesaler that brought from telstra and sold on to Kogan and to Aldi.  The problem was ISPone was selling for less than it was buying for and went bust. Telstra offered kogan and ALdi deals to keep their services running,  of course the deals weren't as good as the ISPone deals, because Telstra aren't going to drop their prices and sell below the cost.  ALdi accepted the deal and consequently had to change their product.  That is all fair and reasonable.  But Kogan said no, Kogan told tesltra they had to maintain selling for less than wholesale and match ISPones sale price or they'd take them to court.  You have to remember ISPone was a wholesaler and only brought from telstra, they were not owned buy telstra.  So telstra told them to take their best shot and consequently Kogan's offer was no longer available.  Kogan lost and left all their customers with no services.  Kogan had the choice to take the offer from telstra which was very reasonable.  

I know several people who switched to Aldi after this and my wife was on an aldi plan from before this.  The service is not Shit, you just don't get quite as much for your money.  However it is still one of the cheapest mobile deals In Australia.

No point being on Aldi Mobile now, since Boost mobile (Telstra owned) offers a better value plan...

Aldi Mobile did continue with what customers had before ISPone went bust, but it hasn't taken long for the plans to be significantly cut back, whilst charging the same price. With Kogan, they were offering customers a service for a price, and wanted to keep it that way, what is wrong with that?

No point being on Aldi Mobile now, since Boost mobile (Telstra owned) offers a better value plan...

Aldi Mobile did continue with what customers had before ISPone went bust, but it hasn't taken long for the plans to be significantly cut back, whilst charging the same price. With Kogan, they were offering customers a service for a price, and wanted to keep it that way, what is wrong with that?

Whats wrong with that is that Kogan  tried to threaten telstra into providing a product for less than wholesale.  They threatened court action and lost before they even started. They knew telstra had nothing to do with ISPone being a con and failing and turned away a reasonable deal from telstra that would have saved their clients from being kicked of the system.

In short Kogans greed was what caused his mobile network to fail and all his clients to loose out.