Best case for max. 50€

Hello guys!

I need your help here.

My brothers gf has her birthday soon and she wants to get into gaming.

We thought about building her a rig with used parts I have lying around anyway. (fyi parts include a Core 2 Quad Q9650, GTX 770, 120GB SSD,...)

One thing we still need to buy new is a case for around 50€. It should be mostly practical and not have the stereotypical "gamery" look. We would prefer a sleek simple design with good airflow. It doesn't need a side window but can have one.

The case has to fit a microATX mainboard and the gainward GTX 770. All parts will be aircooled.

I already thought about getting the Fractal Design Core 1000 but I would love to hear your recommendations.

https://www.amazon.de/Fractal-Design-Core-1000-USB/dp/B00BUZ8UEM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503663321&sr=8-1&keywords=fractal+core+1000

Thanks for your help in advance!

uni student // at war with Siemens software // wife haver

caseless, get cooler, GPU and board that have RGB and you would have a good looking budget rig and save money in the process.

Just now, System Error Message said:

caseless, get cooler, GPU and board that have RGB and you would have a good looking budget rig and save money in the process.

nah that's not an option really. the board isn't pretty at all and she is someone who appreciates a tidy room, so yeah... the solution has to be non-nerd friendly xD

Just now, System Error Message said:

4U server case without the ears?

lol as i said it should look somewhat nice and non-nerdy

there are many definitions of nice and nerd.

Theres simple and elegant where you have a rectangular shape with barely any features or detail other than a couple of LEDs buttons and ports.

Theres many different details and shapes that cater to something particular

Theres many colours and LED lighting if you want.

Theres simple and smaller like a 4U server case which would have better cooling too as long as the GPU doesnt portrude out the slot. Also allows for keeping things tidy.

So you cant just ask for a case without being a bit more specific. Anyone into computers and computer gaming is considered a nerd so i dont see how this can be considered non nerdy.

okay let me try to be more specific. :)

in your words i look for sth simple and elegant in the style of the before mentioned Fractal Design Core 1000. I am just looking for alternatives of the same "class" of cases regarding dimensions, design and features. I don't simply want to buy the first case i find but rather get a choice between similar cases that are all competitors to this case. :)

I am building my rig right now in a Fractal Design Focus G - https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06XQ5JSRR/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_3_w - and I'm quite satisfied with it so far. 

It doesn't come with a back fan (only two front fans) and the side window is acryllic. Bot lots of holes for cable management, the HDD cage can be removed and there's plenty of airflow.

There is also a miniATX version although for some reason is a bit more expensive.https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B072PVMWSD/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_6_w

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitfenix-nova-midi-tower-case-white-window-ca-221-bx.html

This is a good buy, it's cheap and available in a black or white and with or without the window, 

I've built in this case before and whilst the build quality is not up to par with some of the more premium cases i can't see you having any problems building in this

15 minutes ago, Euro Budget Gamer said:

I am building my rig right now in a Fractal Design Focus G - https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06XQ5JSRR/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_3_w - and I'm quite satisfied with it so far. 

It doesn't come with a back fan (only two front fans) and the side window is acryllic. Bot lots of holes for cable management, the HDD cage can be removed and there's plenty of airflow.

There is also a miniATX version although for some reason is a bit more expensive.https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B072PVMWSD/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_6_w

+1 to the Focus G series

Also Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 3.1 is a stylish case

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

thanks guys all the help is much appreciated!

:D

the F.D. Focus G looks like the thing i was searching for.

thx very much