Im getting 72c while gaming?

I have the  phantek ph-tc14pe and on idle i get around 28c and while gaming 70c -80c and then drops to 66c and it keeps moving up and down is that something should i worry about ?

3 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

I have the  phantek ph-tc14pe and on idle i get around 28c and while gaming 70c -80c and then drops to 66c and it keeps moving up and down is that something should i worry about ?

You're showing good temps idle, so we know it's cooling the chip just fine. What's got me is the rise/fall effect. My guess there is your fan curves. The fans may be waiting too long to kick in high enough before cooling the CPU down.

I have my fans kick in when I get to about 40C and then they climb from there and run max RPM at 60c. It will vary between builds due to fan noise/performance curves and water/air builds. But yeah seems like your fans finally kick in at a temp that's too high.

EDIT: Also your CPU may be throttling allowing those temps to come back down. So check your fan's entire curve not just where they kick on and reach max, check both. Do the fans run when you're idle?

4 minutes ago, DrJones said:

You're showing good temps idle, so we know it's cooling the chip just fine. What's got me is the rise/fall effect. My guess there is your fan curves. The fans may be waiting too long to kick in high enough before cooling the CPU down.

I have my fans kick in when I get to about 40C and then they climb from there and run max RPM at 60c. It will vary between builds due to fan noise/performance curves and water/air builds. But yeah seems like your fans finally kick in at a temp that's too high.

Like is there anything i should do :s? is there anything should i do with the fans?

Just now, charbel1011 said:

Like is there anything i should do :s? is there anything should i do with the fans?

Make sure the fans are actually turning on/off and following the curve how they're supposed to. You can find your fan settings in the BIOS or using third-party software.

Since it's running pretty cool at idle, I don't think you have a problem with thermal paste or anything like that since it's obviously making good enough contact to keep the CPU cool. But again, check that the fans are not only coming on but are running high enough when temps start to climb.

depending on the cpu you have under there, temps look normal.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

I have the core i7 6700k

7 minutes ago, DrJones said:

Make sure the fans are actually turning on/off and following the curve how they're supposed to. You can find your fan settings in the BIOS or using third-party software.

Since it's running pretty cool at idle, I don't think you have a problem with thermal paste or anything like that since it's obviously making good enough contact to keep the CPU cool. But again, check that the fans are not only coming on but are running high enough when temps start to climb.

I have a setting called turbo what's that i have the asus z710-a motherboard btw? what's the turbo?

Just now, manikyath said:

Maybe under a stress test, but I wouldn't think so under every day gaming. Sure the temps are fine from a standpoint of the threshold of the chip, but those are still near throttling temperatures. Normal to me would be 60-70 for air cooled, right? I get 45 on a 5930K with water under max load.

I have a setting called turbo what's that i have the asus z710-a motherboard btw? what's the turbo?

For the fans? Or the CPU?

Just now, DrJones said:

For the fans? Or the CPU?

CPU what's the turbo setting do?

CPU what's the turbo setting do?

Keep it on if it already is. It's kinda like a built in overclock. You have your base clock which is what the CPU sits at for idle, then your turbo speed which is what it clocks up to when it's under load. Just leave it at the default, only time you touch this is when you're overclocking

1 minute ago, DrJones said:

Keep it on if it already is. It's kinda like a built in overclock. You have your base clock which is what the CPU sits at for idle, then your turbo speed which is what it clocks up to when it's under load. Just leave it at the default, only time you touch this is when you're overclocking

How can i monitor my cpu temp while gaming?

How can i monitor my cpu temp while gaming?

I thought you were already doing that? But you can use a number of tools. I personally use the On Screen Display provided with EVGA Precision XOC, the software I use to overclock my video cards. But since you're not doing that, I can't remember if CPU-Z shows temps or not (I'm not home right now). RealTemp is a good one to use. Note, not all of these will have an On Screen Display, you have have to minimize your game to check on the temps, it won't show up in the corner.

2 minutes ago, DrJones said:

I thought you were already doing that? But you can use a number of tools. I personally use the On Screen Display provided with EVGA Precision XOC, the software I use to overclock my video cards. But since you're not doing that, I can't remember if CPU-Z shows temps or not (I'm not home right now). RealTemp is a good one to use. Note, not all of these will have an On Screen Display, you have have to minimize your game to check on the temps, it won't show up in the corner.

Ok i think i did misunderstood something and i explained my temperature wrong i just put the hwmonitor on the second monitor while gaming on first monitor and my temperature isnt that bad it ranges from 54c to 68c and then it drops fast to 54c and it keeps going up and down while my fans are running on 860 rpm only i think its not bad as the cpu temp is not getting stuck at this high temperature and its dropping back immediatly to 54c

Ok i think i did misunderstood something and i explained my temperature wrong i just put the hwmonitor on the second monitor while gaming on first monitor and my temperature isnt that bad it ranges from 54c to 68c and then it drops fast to 54c and it keeps going up and down while my fans are running on 860 rpm only i think its not bad as the cpu temp is not getting stuck at this high temperature and its dropping back immediatly to 54c

That sounds A LOT better. Okay good to know your temps are fine. ARe your fans running at 860 rpm on the entire curve? Or do they jump up when you hit say 65? and then go back down when the CPU gets cold again? This could cause the rise/fall

6 minutes ago, DrJones said:

That sounds A LOT better. Okay good to know your temps are fine. ARe your fans running at 860 rpm on the entire curve? Or do they jump up when you hit say 65? and then go back down when the CPU gets cold again? This could cause the rise/fall

At idle my fans are around 540c and when i stsrt gaming my fans hit 860c  i think the max is 1100c max for the cpu fan?

At idle my fans are around 540c and when i stsrt gaming my fans hit 860c 

I take it you meant RPM lol. So what you need to do is set a custom fan curve or setting in the BIOS. SInce you're using an ASUS board it should be pretty easy. YouTube will be your friend for this :) 

EDIT: Those fans should be able to go much higher and you'll get much lower temps by doing so.

3 minutes ago, DrJones said:

I take it you meant RPM lol. So what you need to do is set a custom fan curve or setting in the BIOS. SInce you're using an ASUS board it should be pretty easy. YouTube will be your friend for this :) 

EDIT: Those fans should be able to go much higher and you'll get much lower temps by doing so.

I know how to do in bios ? But what should i set them to? Can u give me the numbers like at 40c the fan speed should be lets say 600 rpm like give me the right numbers and ill set the curve in bios

I know how to do in bios ? But what should i set them to? Can u give me the numbers like at 40c the fan speed should be lets say 600 rpm like give me the right numbers and ill set the curve in bios

So according to the website here: http://www.phanteks.com/PH-F140HP.html The fans can go from 600-1300RPM give or take 250.

So I would set them to be off until the CPU reaches 30-35 degrees just to save on noise when you're not gaming.

So at 30-35 turn them on to 600RPM; at about 40-45 maybe 800RPM; then at 50 1000RPM; and finally at 60-65 throw em to max. If you're temps remain really low after doing this, you can try turning those speeds down to save on noise.

7 minutes ago, DrJones said:

So according to the website here: http://www.phanteks.com/PH-F140HP.html The fans can go from 600-1300RPM give or take 250.

So I would set them to be off until the CPU reaches 30-35 degrees just to save on noise when you're not gaming.

So at 30-35 turn them on to 600RPM; at about 40-45 maybe 800RPM; then at 50 1000RPM; and finally at 60-65 throw em to max. If you're temps remain really low after doing this, you can try turning those speeds down to save on noise.

Ok thank you so much! And btw my sister just called me she was gaming and she told she felt heat coming from my case while gaming is that normal?

Ok thank you so much! And btw my sister just called me she was gaming and she told she felt heat coming from my case while gaming is that normal?

Out the exhaust fans? Yeah, you'll be sucking cold air in, blowing hot air out. I have a full water cooled build and I blow some pretty warm air out the back all the time. Heats up my room pretty good lol. That's just the cooling system doing its job :)

And no problem! If you have any more questions, I'll be here!

3 minutes ago, DrJones said:

Out the exhaust fans? Yeah, you'll be sucking cold air in, blowing hot air out. I have a full water cooled build and I blow some pretty warm air out the back all the time. Heats up my room pretty good lol. That's just the cooling system doing its job :)

And no problem! If you have any more questions, I'll be here!

I have 6 fans xD beside the cpu fan

I have 6 fans xD beside the cpu fan

Yep, you'll have plenty of air moving in and out of that case. Remember the heat of your components has to go somewhere, and the only place is back into the air.

2 hours ago, DrJones said:

Yep, you'll have plenty of air moving in and out of that case. Remember the heat of your components has to go somewhere, and the only place is back into the air.

ok i did adjust the fan curve now it's better for sure. but sometimes it hits 70c-80c real fast and then goes back to 54c-60c like moving up and down up and down fast all the time.

You're looking for problems when your computer has no problem and is working normally. Stop worry about it so much and enjoy your computer.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list