do you ever regret buying a device because of the looks?

Ashleyyyy

okay, what i mean is, if you own a gaming laptop with rgb lights etc, have you ever regretted it? 

as in, if you are using that machine a few years down the line, and you walk into a meeting with it, and you get those looks, when your laptop starts flashing in red... 

She/Her

At least my phone doesnt have RGB...

I once bought a rgb wireless keyboard for a tablet. When they turned down the light for a presentation it was quite annoying

5 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

okay, what i mean is, if you own a gaming laptop with rgb lights etc, have you ever regretted it? 

as in, if you are using that machine a few years down the line, and you walk into a meeting with it, and you get those looks, when your laptop starts flashing in red... 

i think i am not alone when i say this but price and performance comes first and after that are looks when it comes to electronics.

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

1 minute ago, bughtoo said:

i think i am not alone when i say this but price and performance comes first and after that are looks when it comes to electronics.

i disagree. i bought an asus Zenbook, because i liked the looks. specs are nice too, but i could have gotten more performance for my money. 

She/Her

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i disagree. i bought an asus Zenbook, because i liked the looks. specs are nice too, but i could have gotten more performance for my money. 

Then how is your question in the topic relevant when you are looking on looks first? :D You must know what you are buying and not buy something for the looks and then dont like it, why did you buy it then in  the first place?

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

I get blasted all the time for having my build in a corsair spec2 case

3 minutes ago, bughtoo said:

Then how is your question in the topic relevant when you are looking on looks first? :D You must know what you are buying and not buy something for the looks and then dont like it, why did you buy it then in  the first place?

i do like it. it was just a general question, because i'm intrested in your experiences... i'm not saying i don't like my laptop's performance,...

She/Her

1 minute ago, DDC449 said:

whats wrong with that case? People for some reason dontl ike my case either CM HAF-X 942 its a tank, but its a nice tank.

this was my first build I have been looking online for days finally just started putting it together 

37 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

I want all my office colleagues to think Im a swag lord so I wouldn't regret it

2017 MacBook Pro, 10.5" iPad Pro  iPhone 5c IN Green

No this has never happened to me, but then I always do a lot of research before buying tech.

I made one mistake about a laptop purchase when I was not yet so up on hardware and the internet was not as full of easily accessible information on this stuff as it is now (e.g. no YouTube), and that mistake followed me around for 4 years. Learned 2 valuable lessons: ALWAYS do your research, and I hate laptops.

Only thing i can remember is some Optical Mouse i bought a long time ago that went cold within 3 months or so.

Details separate people.

Hasn't ever happened to me. While aesthetics is somewhat important in choosing a product, it's never been the sole reason I've purchased something, nor has it been the deciding factor over a similarly-capable product.

Slightly regret buying my Apex 350, but that's mostly due to it being ridiculously huge.

do use most of the macro keys on it, definitely the multimedia keys and I'm loving the RGB, but I could have potentially bought an Apex 300 instead

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

20 hours ago, DDC449 said:

im a fan of this case. its what i built my brother"s pc in

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

20 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

yeah i feel this. when i was planning my first build i was going to go lowish end with an i3 and gtx 950 (2 years ago)

than i decided fuck that ill go for it and started panning on and i7 and gtx 980

but then i really wanted my pc as soon as possible so i impulse bought an i5 4460 and a gtx 960.

i regret not waiting a week for that next paycheck to get a 970, or two weeks for a 980.

lesson learned. plan on the money i want to spend and let the time come second. save how much i need and dont impulse buy

i am happy with my build now, but i cant help but think where i wouldve been now if i had waited from the start

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb