HDMI CEC Support for Media PC

Hello, all! I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to have my media PC auto switch inputs like the Chromecast does via CEC I believe? There are these adapters but I don't know if that really helps in this situation. If anyone has ideas or has done something like this before I'd love to hear what you've done.

USB - CEC Adapter: https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/104/usb-hdmi-cec-adapter

EeQvqVH.png

TL;DR how could I get my soundbar to switch to the media PC automatically when it wakes up?

import { signature } from "./signature";

signature.display({ cpu"Intel i9 9900k @ 3.56HZ",  gpu"ASUS GTX 1080",  ram"32GB CORSAIR DDR4", motherboard"ASUS Z390-E" });

6 minutes ago, kerradeph said:

A significant factor of this would be which TV and soundbar do you have?

To be honest the hardware doesn't really make much difference here. I know the soundbar supports CEC because the Chromecast will tell it to automatically switch to the correct input when you cast to it. However, no GFX card has ever been made with CEC support so the only solution I can see is possibly the external adapter.

Here are the models for reference but I don't think it will help in the slightest.

TV: Samsung (UN40EH5300FXZA)

Soundbar: Sony (SA-CT770)

import { signature } from "./signature";

signature.display({ cpu"Intel i9 9900k @ 3.56HZ",  gpu"ASUS GTX 1080",  ram"32GB CORSAIR DDR4", motherboard"ASUS Z390-E" });