Plz help it's my first pc

og_catnip

Hey these r my current specs I through together. I want a 1070. Don't mind the price it's Australian currency 

IMG_1366.PNG

IMG_1367.PNG

Give me one second to create a pcpart[icker list for you

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

3 minutes ago, og_catnip said:

Hey these r my current specs I through together. I want a 1070. Don't mind the price it's Australian currency 

IMG_1366.PNG

IMG_1367.PNG

I presume $2000 AUS is your budget, and you are wanting to air cool. Secondly, What are you wanting to do with this exactly?

First off I'd switch over to a better website for picking parts. www.pcpartpicker.com

Second, you should replace the processor for one of AMD's Ryzen processors. Much cheaper for the power you get. You would need to replace the motherboard too.

by the way are you going to overclock?

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

your missing a mobo i think

As a fellow Aussie, I hope you don't mind me asking whereabouts you live. PCCG might have a large range, but they're a little overpriced and shipping is expensive. MSY often have branches where you can order online and pick up from the store, which will save you a fair bit of cash. Also, considering your budget there are a lot of far better cases out there. Deepcool is a pretty dodgy brand with some pretty low quality materials. Also, you haven't put a motherboard in there and if $2000 is your budget you're gonna have to drop that i7 and swap it for a Ryzen 1600 or 1700. Additionally, switching to a Ryzen saves you $50 on a cooler unless you're doing a large overclock (the ryzen stock cooler is capable enough for a 3.2-3.4GHz overclock).

HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

1 hour ago, jaytrl said:

looks like you're missing a motherboard. 

and ram, but hey he remembered the LED strip lol 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

I would also recommend you buy an AMD Ryzen processor over intel. Ryzen chips all come unlocked and are more price-efficient. Make sure to buy a motherboard is compatible to the processor you end up buying as well. Here is a list of all the components you'll to need to make a PC run:

1.Processor

2. Motherboard

3. RAM (Memory)

4. SSD or HDD (Storage)

5.Computer Case

6. Graphics Card

7. Power Supply

8. CPU Fan

10 minutes ago, jaytrl said:

I would also recommend you buy an AMD Ryzen processor over intel. Ryzen chips all come unlocked and are more price-efficient. Make sure to buy a motherboard is compatible to the processor you end up buying as well. Here is a list of all the components you'll to need to make a PC run:

1.Processor

2. Motherboard

3. RAM (Memory)

4. SSD or HDD (Storage)

5.Computer Case

6. Graphics Card

7. Power Supply

8. CPU Fan

Intel is faster (a lot) in gaming though :/

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, JDE said:

Intel is faster (a lot) in gaming though :/

At 1080p at stock settings, yes. HOWEVER, Ryzen gives better frametimes, thusly better 1% and .1% lows. Also, once Ryzen is overclocked, and given faster ram, it closes the gap quite a bit, as does raising the resolution.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/RdBNCy

Okay.... OP If you want the monitor, keyboard, and mouse to be included into the $2000 AUS budget, and for it to include a 1070, it can't be done right now. Prices are simply too high. This is the best I could do with a decent case and aftermarket cooler with that budget, not including the lights, mousepad, or the ODD. It STILL went over budget. Compromises would need to be made somewhere. Right now, my main suggestion would be that graphics card. Settle for something lower end right now, and upgrade later down the road.

44 minutes ago, Bradders said:

by the way are you going to overclock?

No

2 minutes ago, og_catnip said:

No

then go for a non K chip, no point spending extra if you wont overclock

49 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

I presume $2000 AUS is your budget, and you are wanting to air cool. Secondly, What are you wanting to do with this exactly?

Yes  $2000 AUD. Mainly competitive gaming with streaming on the side

50 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

2 minutes ago, og_catnip said:

Yes  $2000 AUD. Mainly competitive gaming with streaming on the side

I'd go with the Ryzen 5 1600 or 1600X then. If you really want that 1070, then you will probably need to either break the budget or make a compromise somewhere.

46 minutes ago, JaegerB said:

As a fellow Aussie, I hope you don't mind me asking whereabouts you live. PCCG might have a large range, but they're a little overpriced and shipping is expensive. MSY often have branches where you can order online and pick up from the store, which will save you a fair bit of cash. Also, considering your budget there are a lot of far better cases out there. Deepcool is a pretty dodgy brand with some pretty low quality materials. Also, you haven't put a motherboard in there and if $2000 is your budget you're gonna have to drop that i7 and swap it for a Ryzen 1600 or 1700. Additionally, switching to a Ryzen saves you $50 on a cooler unless you're doing a large overclock (the ryzen stock cooler is capable enough for a 3.2-3.4GHz overclock).

I live in NSW, cheers for the help

14 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

I'd go with the Ryzen 5 1600 or 1600X then. If you really want that 1070, then you will probably need to either break the budget or make a compromise somewhere.

15 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

Alright what about a mother board

31 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/RdBNCy

Okay.... OP If you want the monitor, keyboard, and mouse to be included into the $2000 AUS budget, and for it to include a 1070, it can't be done right now. Prices are simply too high. This is the best I could do with a decent case and aftermarket cooler with that budget, not including the lights, mousepad, or the ODD. It STILL went over budget. Compromises would need to be made somewhere. Right now, my main suggestion would be that graphics card. Settle for something lower end right now, and upgrade later down the road.

Alright man I appreciate that 

1 hour ago, jaytrl said:

looks like you're missing a motherboard. 

Yes do u have any suggestions 

8 minutes ago, og_catnip said:

Alright man I appreciate that 

New man for incompatiblities it said 

• The CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard. What does that mean?

14 minutes ago, og_catnip said:

I live in NSW, cheers for the help

Np, glad I could help. Here's their partlist with prices: http://msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics