Using a PC mouse with my MacBook Pro....

So I have Apple's USB-C to USB adapter, and I tried using a wired Logitech mouse.  But a lot of the keys on the keyboard wouldn't work.  What did I do wrong?  I'd like to get a good Bluetooth mouse for my MacBook, but I'm afraid I'll have the same problem.

2 minutes ago, dave4shmups said:

Bluetooth mouse for my MacBook,

MX masters works on the Donglebook pro. 

3 minutes ago, dave4shmups said:

a lot of the keys on the keyboard wouldn't work.

driver issues or keyboard issues, see if it works on an another computer. 

59 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

MX masters works on the Donglebook pro. 

driver issues or keyboard issues, see if it works on an another computer. 

It does work on my Dad's Lenovo Windows 10 desktop PC.  I'm not looking for an expensive Bluetooth mouse for this MacBook, just something that I can use with games from gog.com.

6 minutes ago, dave4shmups said:

I can use with games from gog.com.

get a cheap mouse from Amazon basics, AmazonBasics Wireless Mouse with Nano Receiver. 

23 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

get a cheap mouse from Amazon basics, AmazonBasics Wireless Mouse with Nano Receiver. 

Good suggestion. If I use the mouse with Windows 10 on this Mac, will the experience be different at all??

• 6 months later...
On 8/22/2017 at 2:55 PM, nerdslayer1 said:

I've read reviews on Amazon.com, and for some people, the model they get works, and for others, it doesn't.

I'm a bit surprised younhave problems with a mouse on OS X, but also a bit  confused; you say the keys on the keyboard do not work??? Is this some kind of special mouse with an attatched keyboard?

I've used several basic mice on on OS X and also bluetooth ones, and have had no problems whatsoever. Only thing in general about input devices I can think of, is the special keys on windows keyboards vs. Apple keyboards. I'm not sure OS X can handle those ootb (but third party software can).

TL;DR:  I'm fairly certain it should work. Can you be a bit more specific: what mouse are you trying, and what does not work?

10 hours ago, Wild Penquin said:

I'm a bit surprised younhave problems with a mouse on OS X, but also a bit  confused; you say the keys on the keyboard do not work??? Is this some kind of special mouse with an attatched keyboard?

I've used several basic mice on on OS X and also bluetooth ones, and have had no problems whatsoever. Only thing in general about input devices I can think of, is the special keys on windows keyboards vs. Apple keyboards. I'm not sure OS X can handle those ootb (but third party software can).

TL;DR:  I'm fairly certain it should work. Can you be a bit more specific: what mouse are you trying, and what does not work?

It’s a Lenovo mouse that I ordered on eBay, because I love using it with my Dads Lenovo PC, which is what it was bundled with.  Some of the keys, I don’t remember which ones-just weren’t responsive at all.

• 2 weeks later...