How can I improve my audio setup?

JorenBus

So I have some pretty old equipment that I currently use as my audio setup.

I use a JVC 230R reciever, 2 Artsound AS30G speakers and a giant subwoofer my dad built himself.

How good/bad is this audio setup exactly? Are those decent speakers and a decent reciever? 

If they're not that good, how can I improve my audio setup without breaking the bank?

Thanks

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Why do you need to improve it?

Does it sound good to you?

If it does sound good, what more do you want from it?

If it doesn't sound good, what don't you like?

Also, as @thom derksen says, how big is the bank? ;)

The speakers you currently have are not amazing, but really depends on your budget as to whether you can afford to improve.

The reveiver looks half decent.

11 hours ago, rhyseyness said:

Why do you need to improve it?

Does it sound good to you?

If it does sound good, what more do you want from it?

If it doesn't sound good, what don't you like?

Also, as @thom derksen says, how big is the bank? ;)

The speakers you currently have are not amazing, but really depends on your budget as to whether you can afford to improve.

The reveiver looks half decent.

It does sound good to me at the moment, I'm just wondering if this is a half decent setup.

23 hours ago, thom derksen said:

How much cash does the bank contain?

Depends how much I have to spend to notice a significant improvement xD

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

well if you want to upgrade, then I would recommend starting with the speakers since it is probably there you are going to notice the biggest difference and then go to the amp and then DAC.

Though all that matters is that you are happy with your setup.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.