Static hissing with the Cloud Revolver / cloud 2 + Asus Z97-P

Hey!

So, my G633 (which I very much liked) has some very grave issues with the micro USB slot. Sometimes, if I move it, the headset just stops working for a few seconds. Unfortunately it just fell out of warranty and I don't have the money to buy another right now.

This is why I am looking at the best options for the money I have (which is 90-100€ at max). So far, I have shrunk down my list of options to the Cloud Revolver and Cloud 2. I've leaned towards the Revolver until I saw this video, which shows a massive static hissing with the onboard sound. Does anyone know if is this a problem with my Asus Z97-P?

I have also watched this video, which shows the USB Dac of the Cloud 2 taking a big fat dump on the otherwise pretty good mic quality and I am afraid it will have the same problem as the Revolver in the other video.

Do you think it can be fixed by a small USB DAC like this one or do I need to buy a soundcard in order to fix it, if it appears to be an issue for me?

I am also open to suggestions for other headsets in that price range!

Thanks for any help in advance!

I've also experienced this static hiss but on a wider spectrum of items. My rock zircon ear buds and my superlux 668b both experience this static hiss. I just bought a uca202 dac from behringer and i will tell you if it eliminates this hiss. 

I've always opted for decent headphones and a separate mic as you often get a good experience from both worlds. 

the modmic is decent and there are budget alternatives

Headphones come in all shapes and sizes and im loving my pair of superlux 668b. Treble is a bit piercing though.

When it comes to audio im no genius just giving my experience so far with the products i have.

Just now, Mystery-Gears said:

I've also experienced this static hiss but on a wider spectrum of items. My rock zircon ear buds and my superlux 668b both experience this static hiss. I just bought a uca202 dac from behringer and i will tell you if it eliminates this hiss. 

I've always opted for decent headphones and a separate mic as you often get a good experience from both worlds. 

the modmic is decent and there are budget alternatives

Headphones come in all shapes and sizes and im loving my pair of superlux 668b. Treble is a bit piercing though.

When it comes to audio im no genius just giving my experience so far with the products i have.

Thanks fot the input!

I have also thought about a seperate solution. However, my income is very limited and I have many things to save up for. An audio solution was not planned in the near future, but the G633 is now pretty much unusable unless I don't move my head at all.

I will probably opt for the Cloud 2, since it has a USB Dac included and doesn't suffer from the hiss because of it, even if the sound quality is shit. My buddies will have to live with that until I can afford a decent sound card, if my Z97-P even produces that static hiss.

Gonna delay my new GPU by another few months. Geez. First my phone breaks, then my headset. D:

2 minutes ago, RundesDreieck said:

Thanks fot the input!

I have also thought about a seperate solution. However, my income is very limited and I have many things to save up for. An audio solution was not planned in the near future, but the G633 is now pretty much unusable unless I don't move my head at all.

I will probably opt for the Cloud 2, since it has a USB Dac included and doesn't suffer from the hiss because of it, even if the sound quality is shit. My buddies will have to live with that until I can afford a decent sound card, if my Z97-P even produces that static hiss.

Gonna delay my new GPU by another few months. Geez. First my phone breaks, then my headset. D:

Btw generally its not the motherboard which produces the hiss. Its the poor shielding that the motherboard provides against electrical interference from hdds, psu, cpu , gpu etc.

Try wrapping your audio dac on your mobo with foil :)

1 minute ago, Mystery-Gears said:

Btw generally its not the motherboard which produces the hiss. Its the poor shielding that the motherboard provides against electrical interference from hdds, psu, cpu , gpu etc.

Try wrapping your audio dac on your mobo with foil :)

I will try that if the hissing occurs! Thanks!

Wait! Aluminium is conductive it might cause a short circuit. 

perhaps foil embedded in plastic wrap would work.

This is sort of obscure technique for reducing background noise.

Please tell me if it works!

41 minutes ago, Mystery-Gears said:

Wait! Aluminium is conductive it might cause a short circuit. 

perhaps foil embedded in plastic wrap would work.

This is sort of obscure technique for reducing background noise.

Please tell me if it works!

Of course. I am not so dumb as to just put foil on my MB :D

If something occurs, I will think of a way. Of course only if it's really bad.