Corsair 350d modded for ATX/MATX

If there was a vent  near the drive case on the bottom of the case for 120mm fan  the PSU would get some good ventilation. 

Generally don't have any issues with the PSU, there is a fan in the front blowing air directly into it but most of the time even when gaming the PSU fan is off in its idle state.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not just buy a 450d in the first place and go through all this?

LIVE FREE, SKATE FREE OR DIE....I PROMISE NOT TO BUY AMD PRODUCTS I WILL NOT BUY AMD PRODUCTS .

Why not just buy a 450d in the first place and go through all this?

Fist off I enjoy a good practical project to work on as a hobby, second this was done just shortly after the 350d was released and the 750D and 450D hadn't been announced.

And most of all I can say (so far) I am the only person that has a fullsized atx motherboard in a 350D making this build unique. That's the whole point of case modding and modding in general really.

Fist off I enjoy a good practical project to work on as a hobby, second this was done just shortly after the 350d was released and the 750D and 450D hadn't been announced.

And most of all I can say (so far) I am the only person that has a fullsized atx motherboard in a 350D making this build unique. That's the whole point of case modding and modding in general really.

true I'm just saying man, looks good though I just bought the 540 air was gonna buy 350d .has that PSU overheated yet?

LIVE FREE, SKATE FREE OR DIE....I PROMISE NOT TO BUY AMD PRODUCTS I WILL NOT BUY AMD PRODUCTS .

I agree! I will be updating the original thermaltake lanbox at some point.

true I'm just saying man, looks good though I just bought the 540 air was gonna buy 350d .has that PSU overheated yet?

Nope not had any problems with it, the 2nd front intake fan blows directly into it so much so the passive PSU fan never runs. Seen it spin up now and again when doing a few 3D renders but do most of that on the gpu now with octane.

That is a great mod!

༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ GIB 960 ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ

• 1 month later...

Wow mate, this mod is amazing! It looks like it was an eATX case from the beginning!! Well done!

I know it is a bit late after the mod had been completed, but I just wanted to show you how much I liked it :)

Kind regards,

Justin.

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs