Safe vcore for 6600k?

What would you guys say is the highest i can go on the vcore without causing any damage ?

( i have z260 k6 gaming motherboard from asrock )

Have a look at this: https://prnt.sc/8s0sjg

(credit to synphul from THW)

HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

Just now, Intel HD Graphics said:

So, pretty much, nothing above 1.5 ?

I wouldn't risk it.

HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

What did Linus say in his Skylake overclocking video? Something like don't go above 1.35 for daily use.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

7 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

What did Linus say in his Skylake overclocking video? Something like don't go above 1.35 for daily use.

My 6600k doesent go above 4.4 ghz, i have even tried putting the 6600k 4.6ghz @ 1.4 and it  still bsod when stressed. Any ideas??

2 minutes ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

My 6600k doesent go above 4.4 ghz, i have even tried putting the 6600k 4.6ghz @ 1.4 and it  still bsod when stressed. Any ideas??

My 6600k goes to 4.6ghz on 1.25v but that's a extremely good overclock owing to the silicon lottery. You'res at 4.4ghz is a much more common overclock and is again down to the silicon lottery. If you can't push beyond 4.4ghz that's just the luck of the draw and you can't go beyond that by increasing voltages unless  you're doing LN2 cooling.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

1 minute ago, DELTAprime said:

My 6600k goes to 4.6ghz on 1.25v but that's a extremely good overclock owing to the silicon lottery. You'res at 4.4ghz is a much more common overclock and is again down to the silicon lottery. If you can't push beyond 4.4ghz that's just the luck of the draw and you can't go beyond that by increasing voltages unless  you're doing LN2 cooling.

Did you touch anything like the cashe or did you only change the multiplier and voltage ?

Just now, Intel HD Graphics said:

@DELTAprime Just realised i had power saving mode on on the c states, now i can diable turbo. Does this mean i can get a higher oc?

You shouldn't be touching anything other than multiplier and vcore unless you know what you're doing. Really, just stick to 4.4ghz. As I said I got to 4.6ghz but that was completely down to the silicon lottery. 4.4ghz is normal, no need to cause an early death to your CPU by pushing a ton of voltage through it chasing a mear 200mhz more.

And yes I only had to touch the multiplier and vcore. Like I said, silicon lottery.

3 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

You shouldn't be touching anything other than multiplier and vcore unless you know what you're doing. Really, just stick to 4.4ghz. As I said I got to 4.6ghz but that was completely down to the silicon lottery. 4.4ghz is normal, no need to cause an early death to your CPU by pushing a ton of voltage through it chasing a mear 200mhz more.

And yes I only had to touch the multiplier and vcore. Like I said, silicon lottery.

There are 2 ways i can set it to 4.4, by the preset or by me doing it manually. Will there be any difference in the two ?

Manually is normally better as you can manually dial in your overclock to use the lowest stable voltage. What I do is set the multiplier then start at 1.20v and increase in .01v increments till it boots into Windows. Once into Windows use the PC as normal until it crashes and increase the voltage again by .01v. I'm a big believer in having the lowest possible voltage because the CPU or whatever it is you're overclocking will run cooler.

1 minute ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

@DELTAprime I can reach 4.6 stable on preset but not my me doing it manual. I think this has to do ith the fact the the preset lowers the cpu cashe from 46 multiplier that i would put in and and put it down to 39

I'm not familiar with ASrock's presets so I'm not sure what they are doing.