Gaming on freesync with nvidia gpu?

Hello folks! Did anyone have chance to game on freesync monitor with nvidia gpu?

When I say gaming I mean csgo and other fast fps phase games.
LG 34UC79g is monitor that i'm interested (lg 34uc89 is to expensive).

Thanks!

you dont want to limit your FPS in CS. pretty sure freesync only works with AMD :( 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 minutes ago, killallbot1993 said:

Hello folks! Did anyone have chance to game on freesync monitor with nvidia gpu?

When I say gaming I mean csgo and other fast fps phase games.
LG 34UC79g is monitor that i'm interested (lg 34uc89 is to expensive).

Thanks!

NVIDIA cards do not support FreeSync. You can use FreeSync monitors but they will just be like a normal monitor when using an NVIDIA card.

If you go into the Nvidia Control Panel you can manually enable Fast-Sync, which is much better and lower latency than V-Sync and doesn't cap FPS but still eliminates tearing.

you can still play you just don't get the freesync [or equivalent] advantage that's all... whether the tearing issue is a major priority for u to take care depends on your needs.

it will function as normal but the refresh rates will remain consistent so you might have some micro tearing in between some frames depending on the variability.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

you dont want to limit your FPS in CS. pretty sure freesync only works with AMD :( 

That is good point. I know that isn't gonna work but lg 34uc79g have 144hz refresh rate and that is reason why its my choice.