few questions about ssd caching

2sysel2

Hey guys, i have a few questions about ssd caching in system with system ssd and several hdds.

System:

i5 4670k

asus z87 deluxe

intel ssd 520 120gb

3x wd red 3tb(i want to use one as my steam and origin library and the other 2 for my data in raid 1) 

1) i suppose it is pretty bad idea to allocate park of system ssd as a cache for my hdd

2) if i get seperate ssd (something like 120gb) can i use it to cache more than 1 hdd ?

3) what ssd would you recomend as a cache (speed,slc/mlc)

Asgard - Local server(Plex, Minecraft, Teamspeak, etc.)

Valhalla - My main rig(i5 4670k@4.4GHz,GTX780 ACX)

Valkyrie - Asus N53SN(Yeah I want to get rid of this and replace it with something more mobile)

You can cache multiple drives from a single SSD it's just not a great idea, since obviously if you ever need to read from the cache of both drives at the same time the SATA interface will be bottlenecked to the point where it might even actually be slower than just accessing the drive directly. Same goes for using part of the system SSD - if you ever need to read from the SSD and the HDD's cache then you're gonna hit a pretty hard bottleneck on one or both of the drives.

ok so if i want to cache my steam hdd i should get new 60gb ssd

what should i be looking for?

Asgard - Local server(Plex, Minecraft, Teamspeak, etc.)

Valhalla - My main rig(i5 4670k@4.4GHz,GTX780 ACX)

Valkyrie - Asus N53SN(Yeah I want to get rid of this and replace it with something more mobile)