VR Setup and Desk Build

WarpedImagination

I finally got around to writing up (at the request of friends from my local LA meetup) a development write up on my built in desk and VR setup that is ported through the ceiling of my home office

VRPano.png

Here are the links

VR Setup & Rig Desk Build & Computer Spec

After many many iterations I found it the most cable free solution for room based VR gaming and development, with so little pull on the player they barely notice the wires. 

I added a quick pano for people to be able to look around as well Room Pano

I hope this helps others looking to create a similar solution ... and if anyone has any questions let me know as I am trying to make this write up as informative as possible for others

Programmer hired to work day and night by the slave driver that is his own Warped Imagination

very very nice, do you have all the pics of building the desk? 

im currently doing my own desk build as well! great job! 

@IAmOctonaut this page goes through a lot of the points  I took into consideration when building the desk.

The room you see used to be a bedroom of my house and the desk is where the old closet used to be. Where the rig sits was actually a wall and I knocked holes through it to create the enclosed style shelving. The end is actually still the original beam that I covered and built around.

Looking left at the desk here is a picture part way through the construction

construction_sm.jpg

Compared to the finished product in this picture

Lighting.png

My main advice is plan everything and if you can even jot it up in 3D ... and the best of luck to you.

If you have any questions do please feel free to ask.

Programmer hired to work day and night by the slave driver that is his own Warped Imagination

• 3 weeks later...