Deciding Between SSDS

TopSpeed

I'm looking into getting an SSD and its come down to

Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB for $130 or Samsung 840 EVO 240GB for 159.

Is the performance difference of the Pro noticeable? Which would you get. I also noticed an M500 240GB for $139, is that any good?

Get a 250gb if you got the money!

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

get the 840 evo, practiacally as fast as the 840 pro.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

The speed improvements of the Pro are not noticeable.

The M500 is an excellent SSD.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

The speed improvements of the Pro is not noticeable.

The M500 is an excellent SSD.

The speed improvements aren't noticeable? Wrong. When installing Windows Updates, my 520 series SSD is way faster than the regular 840.(I've used both) If my 520 series SSD makes a noticeable improvement in installing updates or doing any other writing...so will the 840 Pro.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The speed improvements aren't noticeable? Wrong. When installing Windows Updates, my 520 series SSD is way faster than the regular 840.(I've used both) If my 520 series SSD makes a noticeable improvement in installing updates or doing any other writing...so will the 840 Pro.

What I meant was most of the time. When writing to the EVO, it will definitely be slower than the Pro, but you will not be writing to it much anyway. That is the only time when it will be noticeable. Sorry, should've clarified.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

I was in the same dilemma this morning as well. Get the 250 like what I did. By spending $20 more for twice the storage and almost on par performance, it's a steal. Unless you're rich of course, then you can buy anything

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I'm looking into getting an SSD and its come down to

Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB for $130 or Samsung 840 EVO 240GB for 159.

Is the performance difference of the Pro noticeable? Which would you get. I also noticed an M500 240GB for $139, is that any good?

WD Black Dual Drive.