Choosing A 1080ti Variant - HELP!

I'll make this brief.

Here's my PC setup:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mt6BVY

Now the question... Which aftermarket variant of the 1080ti should I go for?

Here are my two competitors:

ASUS 1080ti STRIX OC Edition:

https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING/

ASUS 1080ti Poseidon:

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/ROG-POSEIDON-GTX1080TI-P11G-GAMING/

I WILL BEGIN WITH A WATER COOLED CPU AND AN AIR COOLED GPU.

I would like to upgrade to a custom water loop someday, but who knows when that will actually happen? Any advice or opinions (either general or specific) would be appreciated. Any facts you feel I should know, please tell me. This is my first top tier PC build. I've done my research, now I just need a GPU.

NOTE: I have the s340 Elite as my PC case. I own it and I plan to use it.

They're all about the same with performance. So it comes down to heat and sound. So watch couple of reviews of them and then pick what suits you the most.

And check what the manufactor warrant policies are with watercooled loops, if you're planning that in the future. For instance Asus warranty is voided when the card is opened. Other companies like EVGA are bit more watercooled friendly.

Anyway good luck!

What's your budget? As you've linked the 1080ti poseidon, I'll assume it's around 900.

For that price, you have a few other options, but the two you listed are fantastic as well (I own a Strix 1080 personally, and it's a fantastic card).

1. MSI 1080ti Lightning Z- An insane card, with an insane price. There are loads of reviews of this card online, and it's probably one of, if not the best overclocking 1080ti, but afaik, no waterblocks for this card exist yet.

2. EVGA 1080ti FTW3- Another powerful card, but a waterblock for this card does exist currently, unlike the Lightning (link). EVGA does still offer a warranty even if the card is waterblocked, as long as the stock cooler is replaced before RMA, which is pretty cool.

3.  GALAX 1080ti HOF- Possibly an even more insane card than the Lightning. Unfortunately, it's nigh on impossible to find in stock anywhere, and waterblocks are probably equally difficult to acquire, but wow, what a beautiful card.

4. Zotac Amp! Extreme- Another insane card, with a fantastic built in cooler. It's the least expensive out of all the cards (besides the strix afaik). Unfortunately, this card doesn't have a waterblock currently. However, Zotac also manufactures the ArcticStorm, which has a built in waterblock, but is a bit more expensive and oos on newegg atm.

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

1 hour ago, shadowbyte said:

What's your budget? As you've linked the 1080ti poseidon, I'll assume it's around 900.

For that price, you have a few other options, but the two you listed are fantastic as well (I own a Strix 1080 personally, and it's a fantastic card).

1. MSI 1080ti Lightning Z- An insane card, with an insane price. There are loads of reviews of this card online, and it's probably one of, if not the best overclocking 1080ti, but afaik, no waterblocks for this card exist yet.

2. EVGA 1080ti FTW3- Another powerful card, but a waterblock for this card does exist currently, unlike the Lightning (link). EVGA does still offer a warranty even if the card is waterblocked, as long as the stock cooler is replaced before RMA, which is pretty cool.

3.  GALAX 1080ti HOF- Possibly an even more insane card than the Lightning. Unfortunately, it's nigh on impossible to find in stock anywhere, and waterblocks are probably equally difficult to acquire, but wow, what a beautiful card.

4. Zotac Amp! Extreme- Another insane card, with a fantastic built in cooler. It's the least expensive out of all the cards (besides the strix afaik). Unfortunately, this card doesn't have a waterblock currently. However, Zotac also manufactures the ArcticStorm, which has a built in waterblock, but is a bit more expensive and oos on newegg atm.

Thank you so much. This is exactly the kind of response I was looking for. I'll definitely look into these variants and keep them in the running!

Just now, ColeFemo said:

Thank you so much. This is exactly the kind of response I was looking for. I'll definitely look into these variants and keep them in the running!

no problem

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System