Android to iOS

Donut417
Go to solution Solved by The Sloth,

My sister has always been an Android users. Now she wants to switch. Which is fine, I guess I can just loose all respect for her, because Im not exactly an Apple person. Is there any easy way to get Contacts and such from Android to iOS. Like have they made an app? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

If you lose all respect for your sister over what mobile OS she prefers, then that is frankly sad.  You could have easily looked up 'android to ios' in the Play store to answer your question..

Which is fine, I guess I can just loose all respect for her

xD 

Anyway, shouldn't need an app, you're thinking too "specifically"; contacts would be synced to your email account (gmail, etc.) and they will sync to the new device upon logging in.  Shouldn't have to do anything strange.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, lilbman said:

If you lose all respect for your sister over what mobile OS she prefers, then that is frankly sad.  You could have easily looked up 'android to ios' in the Play store to answer your question..

Trust me when I say this. There are other "reasons" I have less respect for her. Also, the last time I looked this up a few years ago, there were no Apps I know of. Plus the Google Play Store is full of malware and shit Apps. I prefer to use a recommendation that just downloading what ever shit App I come across. 

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

xD 

Shouldn't need an app, you're thinking too "specifically"; contacts would be synced to your email account (gmail, etc.) and they will sync to the new device upon logging in.  Shouldn't have to do anything strange.

I though Apple phones didnt use Gmail for contacts? Or am I wrong. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

If it's not total shit it should be able to use whatever you want.  I'm quite sure it does support gmail in one way or another.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, lilbman said:

If you lose all respect for your sister over what mobile OS she prefers, then that is frankly sad.

yup, i have the same opinion on PCMR. 

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If it's not total shit it should be able to use whatever you want.  I'm quite sure it does support gmail in one way or another.

Cool. Yeah I have never owned an Apple Device. I will never own an Apple device. I have no clue how to use Apples products. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Trust me when I say this. There are other "reasons" I have less respect for her. Also, the last time I looked this up a few years ago, there were no Apps I know of. Plus the Google Play Store is full of malware and shit Apps. I prefer to use a recommendation that just downloading what ever shit App I come across. 

I simply searched up 'ios to android' on the Google Play store, and it instantly came up with Apple's official app for moving your stuff.  I get that you like to go off of recommendations; that being said, the 10+ million installs should easily let you know that it's not a scam, and on top of that, the app is by Apple themselves.  atios.PNG.3d1bbdf21535a83b1f9835b1719514f9.PNG

24 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Pretty sure you can use basically any email for contacts.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

type "android to ios" and first hit, look at app description "is this thing legit" click the developer's app "oh i see apple music, is this the real thing? Oh it has 10 million download."

You didn't even try at least.

But in the end: Question Solved?