overclock broke me!?!

Go to solution Solved by lomore,

just solved this. i reset catalyst cc to defaults. Removed Afterburner and Kombustor and restarted pc. Now works fine.

Thanks

Hi there.

My pc is a

Dell Optiplex 780

Core2Duo E7200

8gb ram

MSI R6950 Twin Froze iii PE

Corsair vx550w psu

i recently put a msi R6950 Twin FROZR III in my pc. I was making a pc on a budget to upgrade and i decided this was a good start point.

When i got the card i installed it into my pc and games ran okay. i then decided to overclock the GPU so that i could get better fps. I increased the overclock incrementally and it seemed to be okay but then when loading a game the system crashed and the game was on a black screen. I reset the card to factory defaults and the games still crashed to a black screen. Even MSI KOMBUSTOR loads to the same black screen and crashes the system.

Has anybody had this problem before and How can i fix this?

Thanks

would be unusual for a software overclock to kill a card, but not unheard of. I would remove the card, clear CMOS refit and try again. Maybe re-install GPU drivers

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

just solved this. i reset catalyst cc to defaults. Removed Afterburner and Kombustor and restarted pc. Now works fine.

Thanks

If I remember correctly, all 6950s used to have a bios switch on top of them so everyone could flash their cards without worying about bricking it. Try switching it to the other position if the switch is present. Also try clearing CMOS if this doesn't help and if that still doesn't help try underclocking your card a little just in case.

Edit: Ok, too late :D Glad you resolved the issue!