Pg279q minor backlight bleed

xsimplyjosh
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

Looks great to me.

So i just got this monitor today and im only noticing it abit on the top right n bottom right sides. Would u think is worth exchanging or keeping.

For those wondering my usage:

95% of the time im looking at a bright screen in a bright room , very rarely look at black screen frequently as far as things im concerned. I usually dont watch cinematic videos as thats what my other big tv is for... this one is purely for gaming and photo editing.

i tried to tune down the brightness as much when taking the photo to sorta not exaggerate it too much but what do u guys think. Left is my old LG lcd panel which looks abit bright cos of the high brightness on it before.

Let me know what u guys think. For once im not seeking ultimate perfection as i was aware of the issues highlighted by others. And i dont stare at black screens all day (oled trounces LcD in black darkness but thats another story)

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

My screen at least 95-98% of the time is whats on the left* old monitor usually that kind of thing so im just curious in what the community thinks.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

4 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Looks great to me.

Yeah after a bit of thought just now, i decide im gonna keep it. my reasonings are below: at the discount i got for this amazing monitor [20% off] i'm not going to play the battle with asus at all as i don't view black screen 24/7 [which seems redundant]. plus im seeing the benefits of the IPS monitor already within seconds. The previous monitor i had, had an ultra bluish tinge [im looking at both linustechtips forum pages.

the con;

a bit of backlight bleed top right and bottom right

the pro;

- ips display is noticeably better than my other monitor [my other monitor had a super blue tinge despite no adjustments to the screen], i'm comparing both linustechtips pages and it should be a warmish gray, not a dull blue shade of color. alongside me being a gamer i also do p

- coming from the 1080p to 1440p step up, i know is not as glorious as a 4k monitor but i find 4k only suitable for 32" and bigger since the pixels are so ultra-dense for a 27" monitor but im noticing the increase in real estate already even if its slight.

- 27 inch screen is relatively big for me already, paired with the slim bezels it helps a lot

- 144-165hz is amazing af, im still learning the monitor in and out but im already loving it

- red ROG/circle led is nice touches. [asthetics] . also the design looks superb. solid base, the tilt swivel and height adjustments are super fluid.

- saved 20% off which helps [i know gsync aint cheap but had a nvidia card n was not enticed by amd's offerings so far] but this sorta help me justify my decision even more

overall cons are outweighed by the pros so i am happy with it despite a minor flaw in the screen which is easily remedied [by not focused dark screen viewing all the time]

It is afterall a typical issue normally with IPS screens as they require a constant backlight to illuminate the screen [hence why blacks are never 100% deep blacks but have a bit of brighter glow but is okay.] but i believe to cram so much goody stuff, it becomes a challenge. and this is why the monitors tend to be expensive but imo i can justify it as is something ill keep for 7-10 years at least.

I think personally the backlight bleed issue was exaggerated to be honest... assuming most people watch a brightly lit screen it's hardly noticeable. Only noticeable if you stare at a black screen 24/7 which seems illogical...

also when taking the photo it seems to over expose to exaggerate the compensation for the deep blacks so is not an actual representation... especially for my scenario

---