What GPU to buy, to get 144+ fps on 1080p in BF1 etc.?

themoon123
Go to solution Solved by captain cactus,

Vega 56/1070 or if your budget allows Vega 64/1080. And please, get off of ultra settings. You won't see any difference between high and ultra yet it usually takes a big hit on fps. Hell you could drop stuff to medium and still wouldn't notice (unless you're standing still of course but at that point you're pretty much guaranteed to be very dead).

As the title says, i'm looking for a gpu that will be able to run most newer games on ultra settings in 1080p. My wallet isn't ready for 1440p yet :) I've been looking at the 1070 which is really expensive here(taxes, $500+) but i'm not sure if that is overkill.

Edit: My current gpu is a 970.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866MHz

GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2060 OC

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero 

Storage: 1TB, 500GB, 250GB SSD's, 1TB SSHD

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540

Vega 56/1070 or if your budget allows Vega 64/1080. And please, get off of ultra settings. You won't see any difference between high and ultra yet it usually takes a big hit on fps. Hell you could drop stuff to medium and still wouldn't notice (unless you're standing still of course but at that point you're pretty much guaranteed to be very dead).

Ye ole' train

1 minute ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Yeah i know but currently i only get 50-60 fps on high and ultra which is unplayable for me. I don't have the money for a 1070 yet but i'm planning to save up for it. Also fuck the prices here they are ridiculous. Will a 650W PSU be enough?

2 minutes ago, TheiBurger said:

Yeah i know but currently i only get 50-60 fps on high and ultra which is unplayable for me. I don't have the money for a 1070 yet but i'm planning to save up for it. Also fuck the prices here they are ridiculous. Will a 650W PSU be enough?

650w should easily be enough

Just now, Tauwer said:

650w should easily be enough

Great!