Steam link WiFi?

SolarpandaS

It's me again!

So I might be buying a Steam Link to play some of my library on my TV. The TV is in a different room and there's no way to route an ethernet cable to it. We have a 5GHz band that reaches the media center area, and from there we can stream 1080p 30-60fps content through our Chromecast and Amazon video. Considering that, would it be an OK idea to run a Steam Link off our WiFi connection?

You can use 5Ghz Wifi. But I recommend you use a powerline adapter.

http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5509_TL-PA4010-KIT.html

It would allow you to use ethernet. All you do is plug one in to an outlet near your router and the other near the steam link. Then just plug in ethernet cables into the adapters and the router and steam link

21 minutes ago, SolarpandaS said:

It's me again!

So I might be buying a Steam Link to play some of my library on my TV. The TV is in a different room and there's no way to route an ethernet cable to it. We have a 5GHz band that reaches the media center area, and from there we can stream 1080p 30-60fps content through our Chromecast and Amazon video. Considering that, would it be an OK idea to run a Steam Link off our WiFi connection?

I have a steam link with my gaming pc. I use wi-fi and it works great! (Noted weird problem that if the microwave is used, the pc loses connection with the link, xD

12 minutes ago, noah folenius said:

I have a steam link with my gaming pc. I use wi-fi and it works great! (Noted weird problem that if the microwave is used, the pc loses connection with the link, xD

I hear that's cause of 2.4 GHz?

Its not ideal but it should work OK. Just try to make sure that your PC isn't also connected via Wi-Fi because Wi-Fi is shared bandwidth

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing