GPU Overheating

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

yeah. i gotcha, that goes back to me being a novice at building these systems, idk how difficult it would be for me to get a fluid system in there 

5 minutes ago, Weeaboo said:

Trying to keep it as minimal as possible really, not really a set budget since im trying to keep the GPU from dying on me

In that case I'd start with getting a better case. That on its own may solve your issues.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#sort=price&page=1

1 minute ago, Weeaboo said:

yeah. i gotcha, that goes back to me being a novice at building these systems, idk how difficult it would be for me to get a fluid system in there 

It would be about as difficult as getting a new air cooler for the gpu.  As in,  not at all difficult.  Keeping the FE shroud + fan will be simple as well

20 minutes ago, Damascus said:

It would be about as difficult as getting a new air cooler for the gpu.  As in,  not at all difficult.  Keeping the FE shroud + fan will be simple as well

Yeah, right now im trying to figure out what Mobo i have, asus h110-i/g11cd/dp_mb this is what i got off the board but ASUS and PC part picker dont have the documentation on it, so im trying to figure out the boards form factor 

Im beginning to believe its a mATX board

1 hour ago, Weeaboo said:

Yeah, right now im trying to figure out what Mobo i have, asus h110-i/g11cd/dp_mb this is what i got off the board but ASUS and PC part picker dont have the documentation on it, so im trying to figure out the boards form factor 

Im beginning to believe its a mATX board

Post a pic and I can tell you, due to the  "i" in its name it may be itx.

5 hours ago, Damascus said:

Post a pic and I can tell you, due to the  "i" in its name it may be itx.

20170806_001325.jpg

20170806_001409.jpg

20170806_001437.jpg

Ok, definitely mATX.  Also eech that OEM gpu cooler xD

I recommend you get an accelero air cooler (the triple fan monster) and a case you like the look of.

Just now, Damascus said:

Ok, definitely mATX.  Also eech that OEM gpu cooler xD

I recommend you get an accelero air cooler (the triple fan monster) and a case you like the look of.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vBTrxr/fractal-design-define-mini-c-microatx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-def-mini-c-bk

i found this one already lol, ill see what i can do about getting the GPU cooler as well. Thanks a bunch!

7 minutes ago, Weeaboo said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vBTrxr/fractal-design-define-mini-c-microatx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-def-mini-c-bk

i found this one already lol, ill see what i can do about getting the GPU cooler as well. Thanks a bunch!

Great choice on the case, your pc will be dead silent.

Just now, Damascus said:

Great choice on the case, your pc will be dead silent.

That would be great, granted i dont mind the sound all that much anyways, until my GPU fan goes insane haha

You understand you are voiding warranty by doing any major changes? Which means, as its OEM machine, getting RMA on individual parts might be no-go and any RMA would be done with original parts only? This is one issue with prebuilds. Which is why they aren't appreciated very high among enthusiasts.

So best option would be returning whole thing, getting money back and building whole machine by yourself. It won't have as powerful insides, but you will have more options to upgrade and get more out of it in future. For current issues, do as much as you can with software. Adjust fan profiles, run games with lower settings etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You understand you are voiding warranty by doing any major changes? Which means, as its OEM machine, getting RMA on individual parts might be no-go and any RMA would be done with original parts only? This is one issue with prebuilds. Which is why they aren't appreciated very high among enthusiasts.

So best option would be returning whole thing, getting money back and building whole machine by yourself. It won't have as powerful insides, but you will have more options to upgrade and get more out of it in future. For current issues, do as much as you can with software. Adjust fan profiles, run games with lower settings etc.

Yeah, ive already voided the warranty by opening the side panel, the only reason is that im fine with having to replace a broken component. The motherboard have been the only issue since they dont give alot of information on it online. Doing a case swap and getting the GPU cooler will allow me to make it more custom in the future