Question about upcoming build

Hello all. First post here.

I have only ever heard that if you are running a "ti" nividia card (I'm about to get a 1080ti), you cannot run any other video cards. What I would like to do for my upcoming build is run that 1080ti for my main monitor, and run a 1050 for my second and third monitors (one will be vertical). Is this possible? What I know tells me that I can run the two cards in SLI, and I don't plan to anyways. But I'd really prefer to let my 1080ti just handle my games. 

Here is my proposed build, minus the 1050:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/W9NgM8

It's time for a new build for me cause my current build is about to turn 6 years old. Building to last. If I can't run the 1050, I'll just run with two monitors, but I'd really like that third monitor.

Thanks for reading.

What are you going to be using it for?

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Playing and making games. But multiple monitors are cause I tend to multi-task. More monitors make my life easier.

not really doable. windows will default to the 1080ti. you can have them both in the system but you cant really switch from one to the other in an application specific manner. also , no you cannot SLI a 1080ti with anything else than another 1080ti. nvidia SLI doesnt allow anything but two identical cards to SLI. having 2 different cards is usually used only for rendering or mining . 

1 minute ago, xtasemusic said:

not really doable. windows will default to the 1080ti. you can have them both in the system but you cant really switch from one to the other in an application specific manner. also , no you cannot SLI a 1080ti with anything else than another 1080ti. nvidia SLI doesnt allow anything but two identical cards to SLI. having 2 different cards is usually used only for rendering or mining . 

SLI wasn't what I was after. Was hoping I could run my additional monitors off a second card. Thank you for the information. I now know what I was hoping to learn.

What you can do , is setup the second card for physX. connecting the extra monitors to the 1050ti will not affect the 1080ti. and the 1080ti can actually help with physX.

Just now, xtasemusic said:

What you can do , is setup the second card for physX. connecting the extra monitors to the 1050ti will not affect the 1080ti. and the 1080ti can actually help with physX.

Interesting. Sounds like I have more to learn, as this sounds like the technical level of what I desire is still possible.

Just now, Mordhaus said:

Interesting. Sounds like I have more to learn, as this sounds like the technical level of what I desire is still possible.

yeah, that was mybad. I did research seconds after I posted my first post. got me some extra info I shared with you :D !  I had forgotten about the physx .

Just now, xtasemusic said:

yeah, that was mybad. I did research seconds after I posted my first post. got me some extra info I shared with you :D !  I had forgotten about the physx .

Thank you man. Just knowing it is possible makes me happy, lol. Means I can move forward with my planned build.

20 minutes ago, Mordhaus said:

Thank you man. Just knowing it is possible makes me happy, lol. Means I can move forward with my planned build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2kW7NN

Here, I added some RGB, saved u $800, and put some fans that won't make u return the open back headphones for a QC35. Switch the front fans to the RGB fans. TBH you could get a 360mm with only 3 fans and 1-2 exhaust if u wanted

Not the kind of help I was seeking. Thanks though.