Its now Friday afternoon at the end of my first full week in Vancouver and I am ready for a drink.

So far I have spent several billion years standing in queues to get government numbers. Had to give up my New Zealand drivers license so that I could wait for a new BC one to arrive. Talked to heaps of recruiters who don't seem to understand that, no I don't just want the first job you can put me into even if its more money because it will be really boring. (Is everyone here money crazy?). Been to LTX and then spent 2.5hours on buses to get back. And opened a bank account (with no money or ID because they aren't allowed to take a copy of my ID??????).

There have been some good bits though. I have had several of the best coffees I have had in years! Found an apartment in the city. Talked to some interesting people. Been to LTX (Cheers to the guys that gave me a lift!). And rediscovered my drinking problem.

So with all that in mind, Where do we all meet up for some beers in the weekends and talk IT crap?

EDIT: (Also if anyone is hiring network/server guys and isn't crazy, hit me up.)

Edited by NZLaurence
Selfless Shameless Plug (and spelling)

Well the response to this was disappointing, so I have moved on to whiskey.

I think there should be geek drinks at some point? Maybe @Slick could sponsor plane shaped hats? Hats always make drinking more fun.

Edited by NZLaurence
Edited for hats.