Just now, fixitnow said:

What is the point you are trying to make xD you quoted me:

And the only thing you gave me was a picture with the words activate windows lol. What did you expect me to think

piracy 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Your monitor choices also don't make any sense.  Are you doing a surround build?  Doesn't seem like it since they're all different frequency.  Are you doing one gaming monitor and one professional monitor?  Again, doesn't look like it since you have two of the gaming ones... what is your plan?

Like I said earlier in the thread, the two 165 hz are being paired for a dual monitor gaming setup, wheras the 4k 60hz is for content consumption and more casual games.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I see another problem specifically about the headphones.  No one just up and buys 800Ss out of the blue, you have to really care about audio.  In which case you will have a fancy DAC & amp alreay, or be planning to buy one, but I don't see that in the list.

I'm planning on buying one, but I'm not going to put one on the list until I do more research.

Just now, TanakaTheMoonFlame said:

Can you recommend a good UPS? I Already bought the hard drives, but I got them for less than half of market value.

Different usecases for each keyboard/ headset, and therefore different features, macro functionality, etc.

And as for the fans, I'm going to be running them at the lowest pwm settings, a luxury afforded by my massive radspace ant multitude of fans.

I can't imagine this system realistically pulling more than 800W at any time, even under the most extreme conditions, but generally you want your UPS so be on the larger side since the run time decreases very steeply with load, not linear at all.  A 1500 W should be a good size to always have at least 5 - 10 minutes of runtime before shutdown (more like 1 hour at idle xD).  Just make sure to get a "pure sine wave" or "PFC" version. And don't confuse W for VA, even though they are the same in base units, they mean different things.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, themctipers said:

piracy 

What?????????? I can't mind read what you are thinking. I originally thought that you had a kinguin key and had an issue with it, but nope.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

1 minute ago, TanakaTheMoonFlame said:

Like I said earlier in the thread, the two 165 hz are being paired for a dual monitor gaming setup, wheras the 4k 60hz is for content consumption and more casual games.

Ah, alright.  Well imo a dual monitor gaming setup makes no sense since you'll always have a line right through the middle of your display, no matter how you arrange them.  Generally people go with 1 display or 3.

I'm planning on buying one, but I'm not going to put one on the list until I do more research.

That's smart :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I can't imagine this system realistically pulling more than 800W at any time, even under the most extreme conditions, but generally you want your UPS so be on the larger side since the run time decreases very steeply with load, not linear at all.  A 1500 W should be a good size to always have at least 5 - 10 minutes of runtime before shutdown (more like 1 hour at idle xD).  Just make sure to get a "pure sine wave" or "PFC" version. And don't confuse W for VA, even though they are the same in base units, they mean different things.

Yeah the PCPP Power draw said 1033 Watts but I figured that was way off. Any brands to avoid?

1 minute ago, fixitnow said:

What?????????? I can't mind read what you are thinking. I originally thought that you had a kinguin key and had an issue with it, but nope.

unactivated windows means no key, which means that you are probably going to crack it which is piracy lol

i did a free upgrade from 7 to 10 :P

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Yeah the PCPP Power draw said 1033 Watts but I figured that was way off. Any brands to avoid?

Well, common brands to go with are APC, Cyberpower, ... idk how big you wanna go, maybe Eaton lol

Ah, alright.  Well imo a dual monitor gaming setup makes no sense since you'll always have a line right through the middle of your display, no matter how you arrange them.  Generally people go with 1 display or 3.

That's smart :)

I'll think about getting a third then, a buddy of mine has a dual and it seems to work for him so I was making like a lemming and following his lead.

I'll think about getting a third then, a buddy of mine has a dual and it seems to work for him so I was making like a lemming and following his lead.

Another thing sometimes people do is have a spare display of any quality (read: it doesn't have to be good) to throw stuff like chat windows and afterburner on while playing so they can always see it, but since you'll always have that professional 4K ready no need for another dedicated screen for this :P 

Another thing sometimes people do is have a spare display of any quality (read: it doesn't have to be good) to throw stuff like chat windows and afterburner on while playing so they can always see it, but since you'll always have that professional 4K ready no need for another dedicated screen for this :P 

Any recommendations on a good monitor mount?

unlocked ...

Sorry about that, only saw the OP and figured it was one of those "lets put very expensive parts together for the lolz" ... my bad! :(

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Any recommendations on a good monitor mount?

Depends how much flexibility you need, some just extend, the better ones will offer tilt up/down, rotation, and even height adjustment.  You could spend anywhere from about $30 to over 100, especially for a dual+ monitor setup.  I don't know any great one off hand tho

5 minutes ago, themctipers said:

unactivated windows means no key, which means that you are probably going to crack it which is piracy lol

Where did you get that from xD

It went from a picture of inactivate windows to this....... 

23 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

unlocked ...

Sorry about that, only saw the OP and figured it was one of those "lets put very expensive parts together for the lolz" ... my bad! :(

Yeah I'm even stupid enough to buy the expensive parts. xD

23 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Depends how much flexibility you need, some just extend, the better ones will offer tilt up/down, rotation, and even height adjustment.  You could spend anywhere from about $30 to over 100, especially for a dual+ monitor setup.  I don't know any great one off hand tho

Yeah flexibility would be good... I'm 6' 4" and tend to move around alot.

Yeah I'm even stupid enough to buy the expensive parts. xD

Yeah flexibility would be good... I'm 6' 4" and tend to move around alot.

not to mention you'll always want to be able to look directly at the central screen your using comfortably.  Are you thinking of putting all 4 (assuming you do step up to 3 gaming screens) in a grid, or would you do 3 in a surround, and then off to the side, presumably with the other keyboard in front of it, the 4K one on its own?

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

not to mention you'll always want to be able to look directly at the central screen your using comfortably.  Are you thinking of putting all 4 (assuming you do step up to 3 gaming screens) in a grid, or would you do 3 in a surround, and then off to the side, presumably with the other keyboard in front of it, the 4K one on its own?

# in surround, and then the 4th off to the side or mounted to the wall above the center.

35 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

Where did you get that from xD

It went from a picture of inactivate windows to this....... 

42 minutes ago, themctipers said:

i did a free upgrade from 7 to 10 :P

Now now children no fighting.

Now now children no fighting.

Lol. 

Lol. 

Also just for the record, when I do buy windows I'll buy from Kingwin. Bought my HD and all from EBAY. Here's to never paying Full MSRP!

7 minutes ago, TanakaTheMoonFlame said:

Also just for the record, when I do buy windows I'll buy from Kingwin. Bought my HD and all from EBAY. Here's to never paying Full MSRP!

Ace. Just saw it in the pcpart list. 

Ace. Just saw it in the pcpart list. 

But my onew isnt done being spent once I finish building, I'm planning on starting a keyboard collection.

9 minutes ago, TanakaTheMoonFlame said:

But my onew isnt done being spent once I finish building, I'm planning on starting a keyboard collection.

Cool. 

37 minutes ago, TanakaTheMoonFlame said:

# in surround, and then the 4th off to the side or mounted to the wall above the center.

ok well then you'll want two separate wall mounts, one that will do 3 monitors and one that will do just 1.  Again I don't know of any particularly good or bad ones off hand, but I do know both of those exist.

26 minutes ago, TanakaTheMoonFlame said:

Buys $10000 PC, can't afford legit copy of windows

gg lol