Is anyone else excited for the Corsair Slate?

I can't express how excited I am for the Slate concept Corsair had shown off earlier this year. I am probably going to be the first to preorder the case as long as its not $600 or more.

Is this just me? I like the look of the case but I wanted the dual MOBO option to be completely honest and the Enthoo Elite is just really ugly to me.

i mean how many people need two computers in the same spot

I'm excited, but it's going to be way too expensive for me. But if you really need dual mobos and RGB, it's a great buy

7 hours ago, Gyawdyr said:

Who cares? I'll invent a reason! :P 

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

It's just so unnecessary and gaudy, why bother? I can't imagine ever actually using something like that.

Nah, too big. Plus it just looked...ugly.

I honestly can't see this being cheap either, considering the smaller single motherboard variant is supposed to be almost $300.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Yeah you caught me, but no I'm not from Corsair, I just made this account yesterday and I expected to get notifications about posts but they never came through. But back on track, I wanted the ability to have a secondary computer if need be inside the same case, without having any server rack cases. I personally really like the look of the case, and I like the sliding out radiator mounts on the top and front. I don't mind the price as long as its under $600. Chances are the case will last me a long time so there won't be any need to buy another any time soon. They're very in the dark about it though, even if they had shown it off only two months ago it seems as though they hadn't given much info then. I'd love for it to come out something THIS YEAR, but my hopes aren't high.

4 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

OP has 1 post, clearly they're part of Corsair's PR team.

Really? Just walked over to PR and asked around. No ErrDeeEff around here. :^)

2 hours ago, ErrDeeEff said:

Yeah you caught me, but no I'm not from Corsair, I just made this account yesterday and I expected to get notifications about posts but they never came through. But back on track, I wanted the ability to have a secondary computer if need be inside the same case, without having any server rack cases. I personally really like the look of the case, and I like the sliding out radiator mounts on the top and front. I don't mind the price as long as its under $600. Chances are the case will last me a long time so there won't be any need to buy another any time soon. They're very in the dark about it though, even if they had shown it off only two months ago it seems as though they hadn't given much info then. I'd love for it to come out something THIS YEAR, but my hopes aren't high.

I'm the one that built this for COMPUTEX! It was a blast but quite a challenge. Trying to fit all of that hardware into it was fun! I threw a 60mm thick radiator into this thing thinking it would just barely cut it, but it had more space... so I did push/pull config on that radiator and I still had room. You could probably do 80mm thick radiator in push/pull and be just right. I just love how the I/O and the front logo did the rainbow wave, it's one of the coolest features I've seen in a case!

Please understand that this case was just a concept. I am unable to answer any questions about it in regards to its availability and release date, as I do not have the answer. Thank you for understanding!

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

It was sarcasm. I just forgot the /s rule of sarcasm club.  I also forgot the one where you don't talk about it.

Gotta smash that /s button bro!

8 hours ago, Corsair Blake said:

Really? Just walked over to PR and asked around. No ErrDeeEff around here. :^)

I'm the one that built this for COMPUTEX! It was a blast but quite a challenge. Trying to fit all of that hardware into it was fun! I threw a 60mm thick radiator into this thing thinking it would just barely cut it, but it had more space... so I did push/pull config on that radiator and I still had room. You could probably do 80mm thick radiator in push/pull and be just right. I just love how the I/O and the front logo did the rainbow wave, it's one of the coolest features I've seen in a case!

Please understand that this case was just a concept. I am unable to answer any questions about it in regards to its availability and release date, as I do not have the answer. Thank you for understanding!

Of course it's a concept, but why show it off if you aren't interested in producing it eh? Well that's the entire reason I want the case, the compatibility and flexibility.

Plus I really like Corsair build quality. No problems with my 750d at the current moment. (I'm just over the top so why not fit my personality. :))

8 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Because I'm Sarcastic Hulk?  Wow, I just unintentionally referenced Edward Norton twice. 

Well he was being obviously sarcastic too, thought I'd point in out just in case you didn't catch the subtleties.

23 hours ago, Gyawdyr said:

I'm a very forward thinking person, even if I don't need it I tend to get excessive.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

So, you are with their PR team!

I wish, I'd probably make more money than now, and for being very vague as well.

Am I seriously the only one who saw that case and got a burning hole in their pocket? If it could my money would be already growing wings and flying to Corsair.

Agreed. I want, nay; I need. 

CPU: 7700k @5ghz

GPU: ASUS Strix 1080ti

Mobo: ASUS Z270-AR Prime

Ram: Trident Z RGB 32gb 3200mhz

Boot Drive: Intel 600p m.2 SSD w/ 8tb Toshiba Drive

Cooler: Fractal Design Kelvin S36

Case: Fractal Design Define R6

PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Platinum

Monitor: Main Acer Predator X34 supported by ASUS VG248QE

Keyboard/Mouse/Headset: Corsair K70 Lux (MX Brown), M65 Pro RGB, Void RGB 7.1 (USB)

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit, the Slate is ridiculous. So insane, that it's perfect. Consider the possibilities. One man could end the AMD/Intel war with one glorious build. ThreadRipper (obviously on top doing all the work) with a nice little 8700K below to play with. Could there a more perfect union?

• 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:27 PM, Gyawdyr said:

Me.