I need help with my Launchpad Mini!

Hey guys!

So my brother is moving, and is giving me his Launchpad Mini (yay!)

I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing with this thing, but I'd like to set up a few functions for it.

I want to be able to use it as a soundboard, and push audio clips/effects into my microphone output. (if possible?)

I would also like to set up some macros for a few programs in the future.

Oh, and the lights on this thing are pretty cool, and I'd like if they could be active all the time, or at least when I press them (similar to RGB keyboard effects)

If anybody can help me out with programs that would work, It would all be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

On 03/08/2017 at 9:21 AM, ExplodingTaters said:

Hey guys!

So my brother is moving, and is giving me his Launchpad Mini (yay!)

I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing with this thing, but I'd like to set up a few functions for it.

I want to be able to use it as a soundboard, and push audio clips/effects into my microphone output. (if possible?)

I would also like to set up some macros for a few programs in the future.

Oh, and the lights on this thing are pretty cool, and I'd like if they could be active all the time, or at least when I press them (similar to RGB keyboard effects)

If anybody can help me out with programs that would work, It would all be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Here to help! I have a Launchpad MK2 Full size. First, you'll need Ableton Live 9 Lite. Ask your brother for the license as he should have it on his account.

Once you get that installed, you need to configure it. Go to the preferences (it's easy to find) and hit MIDI Devices (something similar)

Set the top row of the drop down boxes to 

1. Launchpad Mini

2. (Your Launchpad)

3. (Your Launchpad)

You will see some on off buttons on the menu. Turn the left and right ones to ON in Input and Output. (For your launchpad, not some Microsoft thing)

In the main area of the UI for Ableton, hit tab. You're in a easier to manage view. 

Now its gets more complicated now. I recommend going to YouTube and typing 'How to setup a Launchpad Ableton' 

These videos usually teach you what I just said and simple sampling for buttons.

Search for dedicated light tutorials too! You'll soon get the hang of it ;) 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

11 hours ago, EvilCat70 said:

Here to help! I have a Launchpad MK2 Full size. First, you'll need Ableton Live 9 Lite. Ask your brother for the license as he should have it on his account.

Once you get that installed, you need to configure it. Go to the preferences (it's easy to find) and hit MIDI Devices (something similar)

Set the top row of the drop down boxes to 

1. Launchpad Mini

2. (Your Launchpad)

3. (Your Launchpad)

You will see some on off buttons on the menu. Turn the left and right ones to ON in Input and Output. (For your launchpad, not some Microsoft thing)

In the main area of the UI for Ableton, hit tab. You're in a easier to manage view. 

Now its gets more complicated now. I recommend going to YouTube and typing 'How to setup a Launchpad Ableton' 

These videos usually teach you what I just said and simple sampling for buttons.

Search for dedicated light tutorials too! You'll soon get the hang of it ;) 

I actually have my brothers license already. I have everything set up in preferences, the program is just super confusing and I'm not sure how to get anything working. I guess I'll just keep trying to watch youtube videos