Help! Storage drives not showing unless provoked

Evening all, In need of some serious help.

This evening has entailed a lot of recalibration of my plex server. Somehow.. don't ask how, 2 drives do not want to show themselves on boot without a third party program to nudge them into action. nothing mechanical related however I suspect some how the partition orders are not right as it appears that the drive does not assign a drive letter. manage to do so and it work fine... until I reboot when it goes back to normal. Ive been doing this via Mini Tool Partition wizard pro and it seems to work.

My thinking is that the wrong path is linked atm toward my 2 drives some how or the Boot record is messed up. could anybody help get me out as I'm lost... Oh it says the drives are empty... most certainly not empty and defo there! 

Disk manager.PNG

"Stay Hungry... Stay Foolish" - Steve Jobs

1 minute ago, ravenshrike said:

Is provoking your storage drives as easy as startling the Sand People was?

On the same level I would say! :P 

Have you tried pulling the drives and hooking them up to a non-server computer to see if you can see the files on them that way orr are they in a RAID config?

11 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

Have you tried pulling the drives and hooking them up to a non-server computer to see if you can see the files on them that way orr are they in a RAID config?

Once i can mount the drive, all is fine and ic an access data but it takes being forced to have a drive letter for it to show up. :/

Drive is part of a drive pool array fortunately and everything is stored in files so if it comes to it and i need to wipe the drive i can at least offload it to other drives but benefit of that is all the data is in files.

its something linked to the labeling of the drives so that OS can see them. i could be compeltely wrong but i need somebody to say to me it could be this or this is how you do it to fix it. worth a shot! just dont want to have to move data around if i dont have to.