Replaced motherboard and new cpu. Should I reinstall windows?

Go to solution Solved by Gungpae,

if it's windows 10, ur fine

Hi

I recently built this pc:

ASUS PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Pentium G4560

gtx 1050ti

adata XPG Z1 8Gb RAM

ADATA SSD

However there was a problem with the motherboard. In the end I replaced the motherboard and I took the opportunity to upgraded the CPU from the pentium to an i3 7100

To my surprise the windows operating system I installed on the SSD launched with the new hardware without needing to be reinstalled. Is it okay to leave the OS despite the new hardware or should I reinstall it?

Thanks in advance, you guys have been extremely helpful to me trying to sort this PC out.

Its completely safe to leave the OS. As long as its Windows 8 or 10 the OS will detect the new hardware and install needed drivers automatically. 

The OS is installed in the hard drive, or in the SSD in your case, but no files were installed in like the CPU or the motherboard, so it is safe to replace one of those components, or even both. If some drivers could not be found, just search on the manufacturer's website, for example, if no drivers could be found for an NVIDIA GPU go to the NVIDIA website and look for them. Some manufacturers even have drivers available for the oldest of their computers.