EKWB Aluminum custom kits

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

With EK's kits, any of their X3 reservoirs should work fine. The size of the reservoir doesn't impact performance or pump requirements at all, it is pretty much entirely an aesthetic choice. They're mostly plastic besides the fittings, but there's no copper in them, no need to worry about mixing metals. 

You may need to purchase more coolant as obviously a bigger reservoir will take more coolant to fill.

i've looked into the EKWB fluid gaming A240G to get a quieter pc(running gtx 1080ti FE & unlocked i7 CPU with stock heatsink)

but the resavoir seems soo small and boring, so i was wondering if i'd be possible to buy a bigger resavoir, but idk if the pump'd be powerfull enough, whether i need more mixture for the fluid, if the resavoir contains any copper and that kinda stuff

With EK's kits, any of their X3 reservoirs should work fine. The size of the reservoir doesn't impact performance or pump requirements at all, it is pretty much entirely an aesthetic choice. They're mostly plastic besides the fittings, but there's no copper in them, no need to worry about mixing metals. 

You may need to purchase more coolant as obviously a bigger reservoir will take more coolant to fill.

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

ok, thx

Also that Alu kit is barely as good as some of the AIOs, check out some of the reviews online. I would personally get a Corsair H115i or Kraken X62 till you can afford a proper custom loop with better blocks and radiators than what they offer. 

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR