Sellers Remorse

Go to solution Solved by Strayuru,

cable management on point xD

Well... I screwed up,

again.

about October last year I bought a gaming pc for $450 AUD with an i5, gtx 770 2gb and 8gb ram, there was nothing wrong with it and I loved it to bits. But I stopped playing it for about a month because I needed to focus on other things, so I sold it for $500. Made a cheeky profit! But almost instantly after I sold it, I regretted it so bad. My beloved gaming PC.... gone.

I had sellers remorse. So I have been saving up for a while and I managed to build a pc from used parts, this one even faster! It has an FX 6300 running at 4.01Ghz, 12gb ram and a gtx 960 4gb. But for some odd reason, the second I finished putting all together, I PUT IT ON GUMTREE!?!, (Aus version of Craigslist basically) wtf.

why did I do this to myself again. This time I'm making a big profit though as I bought it for $225 and am selling it for $600.

somebody is supposed to be buying it in a few weeks and I don't want to sell it anymore because I know I will feel bad again.

how to I cancel the deal without looking like an asshole?

image.jpg

Just now, Mi26 said:

Built another one with Ryzen 3 

But if I did that I wouldn't be able to have so much ram, ram is expensive these days and also I'd have to get a lower end video card.

Sorry if I missed it but where/how are you selling it? eBay?

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Build a new budget one, this build was probably slower though (Any 3rd gen i5 or up would be faster). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

2 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Sorry if I missed it but where/how are you selling it? eBay?

Gumtree

3 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

Build a new budget one, this build was probably slower though (Any 3rd gen i5 or up would be faster). 

I can't afford any i5's

cable management on point xD

Bespoke Software Engineer

Laptop: MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) - 8GB RAM - Intel Core i5 1.6GHz - Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

DesktopGAMEMAX Onyx - AMD FX6300 Black Edition 6 Core (Overclocked to 4.1GHz) - GIGABYTE NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Overclocked - MSI NVIDIA GTX 750Ti Gaming 1085MHz - HyperX Savage 8 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 - MSI 970 Gaming - Corsair CP-9020015-UK - Kingston SSDNow UV400 120 GB Solid State Drive

1 minute ago, Preston builds said:

Gumtree

Ok, I'm not familiar with Gumtree or how personal selling there gets, but in general I'd tell the other party that I accidentally damaged it in some way, like tell them that I dropped it or left it on the roof of my car, or got it wet, whatever. Come up with a simple, believable story, and stick to it! 

I should also note that backing off a sell, especially if the negotiated price was a bargain, is kinda a dick move. You're making a profit here but still, put yourself in their shoes! Don't do this unless you're absolutely sure about it!

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

5 minutes ago, Preston builds said:

I can't afford any i5's

Buy used, I can see some cheap used machines on ebay for less than 300 with 3rd gen i5s or i7s (Not allowed to post ebay links as per CoC though). Just buy a 1050/ti for or RX 550. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

ok sell this one, and use the money and buy a better PC. i do this quite a bit, i buy a load of used parts and put together a computer and play around with it and then i sell it. the only things i feel really bad about selling is my really shitty 10.1" first gen atom laptop and my first gen I5 680 + motherboard and RAM... that I5 was so good but the motherboard was just about dead so i sold it :/ 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

ok sell this one, and use the money and buy a better PC. i do this quite a bit, i buy a load of used parts and put together a computer and play around with it and then i sell it. the only things i feel really bad about selling is my really shitty 10.1" first gen atom laptop and my first gen I5 680 + motherboard and RAM... that I5 was so good but the motherboard was just about dead so i sold it :/ 

Everyone in my area has overpriced pc's. I'd be selling a computer to buy a less powerful one and keeping no money left over. There no point, id rather not sell this one

Just now, Preston builds said:

Everyone in my area has overpriced pc's. I'd be selling a computer to buy a less powerful one and keeping no money left over. There no point, id rather not sell this one

just buy parts with the money you get, $800 should get you a much better PC then this one

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

just buy parts with the money you get, $800 should get you a much better PC then this one

I just parted out a system on pcpartpicker for $650 that is slightly faster than the one I'm selling.

it has a Pentium G4560

gtx 1050ti 4gb

8gb ddr4

wow.

im retardted I didn't even know that I could get that for such a good price.

19 minutes ago, Preston builds said:

I just parted out a system on pcpartpicker for $650 that is slightly faster than the one I'm selling.

it has a Pentium G4560

gtx 1050ti 4gb

8gb ddr4

wow.

im retardted I didn't even know that I could get that for such a good price.

yah there is a lot of value in low end stuff right now, take a look at Ryzen 3 too, could be another option if you can afford it

Builds:

Spoiler