Steam Machines

digitalnav

Do you think that the SteamOS Machines will stay in the low-end or do you think  more people are going to opt for high/mid-end systems with Dual OS?

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

If this is going to battle consoles and draw people that would normally play on a console and that know little about computers it'll definitely be on the low end.

I'd say there will be a variety since that's what would make the most sense. I also think that case manufactures may end up selling cases for Steam Machines so that your an build your own and they would contain all of the equipment you need such as the right angled PCIe connector for the graphics card. At least that's how I see it :D

The Ibuypower one is $499.

Desktop:  Cpu:                     3570K @ 4.2Ghz                    Graphics:          Windforce GTX 970             PSU: 1000 Watt EVGA             

Motherboard:       MSI GD55 Z77                        SSD:                 120gb patriot pyro se          KB:    K70 RGB                                     

Ram:                    8gb 2133MHz G skill               HDD:                 4 Tb                                    Mouse: M65 RGB                                                  

I'd say they should be all ranges because there are new gamers that want to game for the price of a console, a mid-range PC, or even a 2000$ PC. They may buy a steam machine at the low-end because they would have 100$ more for GPU or SSD. This is also for people who don't know how to build a PC and are scared.

Quote me to get a reply!

I think that most of the potential high end customers are also current high end PC owners, I just want to dual boot the OS myself.

It would be funny if low end ones took over, and Steam started holding back high end PCs because the games were designed for low end hardware like console games!

Also Low End - Mid Range - High End, mid is not an end lol.

I believe for the steam machines to be successful they will need to cost 500 dollars or less. They need to be able to compete with consoles in price more than i would say in performance. Most people who go out to buy consoles usually go for what is cheaper or what offers the most amount of features compared to others. 

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I think a $600-$700 steam machine would do well. There are many people with the money but not the patience or time for a full on PC. 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I don't have the URL, but I was reading an article where they stated they are not trying to complete with consoles with the Steam Machine... at least not initially. There target audience are going to be people already using steam, and probably already have a capable gaming rig, but are looking for something to add to the living room and still play the games already in their library. 

However, I still am better a lot of them being in that 400-600$ price point just because companies making them (like iBuyPower, since Valve isn't going to be selling them directly) DO want to get those sales.