Asus P8Z77-V and Corsair 650D

TechReid

Hi,

A few months ago I put together a build with an ASUS P8Z77-V in a Corair 650D, the CPU cooler is a Noctua NH-D14. I was slightly pushed for time at the time, so I just plugged the fan cables into the case's inbuilt fan controller switch, I don't understand fan controllers very well, would it be possible to connect the default config. 2 120mil fans and 1 60 mil fan into the motherboard? Because the lack of the fans ramping up and down really annoys me, especially when I constantly leave it on high and it's really loud

As long as you have the headers for them on the motherboard, you can connect them to it instead. Simply unplug them from the fan controller and plug them into the motherboard. Done.

I had a look at my manual earlier, it seems that there's 3 headers at the top of the board, which I am currently using for my Noctua NH-D14, I'd swear that I read it has more headers.......

you casn use the included fan splitter to join both fans together and attach them to just the

CPU_FAN header. this will allow the mobo to control the fan speed to your custom need.

disable: 0%

silent: 30%

turbo: 100%

custom: you can set the high temp 60° x 100% and low temp 30° x 40% or what you deem needed.

leave the chassis contoller for chassis fans...

airdeano