Internet connection/modem problems

My internet connection is based around the older N technology in which I only get internet speeds up to 72mpbs over a wireless connection. When I installed the modem, I had recently looked at my wifi connection details and the protocol was using the older N technology instead of an AC connection. I dont understand why my connection is not the correct protocol in which it originally promises. Also, every now and again, my internet connection suddenly cuts out without any warning and normally I when I reset the connection, it either says it cant connect to this network or  says No internet, secured.

1. Why is my protocol displaying the older N technology instead of an AC connection.

2. Why am I getting internet connection speeds up to 72mpbs over a wireless connection

3. Why is my internet cutting out without any signs of warning?

4. When I try to reset the connection it either says cant connect to this network or No internet, secured, why do these messages occur

1. Both the client and the router must have 802.11ac capabilities for there to be wireless AC. In addition, the router must broadcast a wireless AC signal

2. Any number of factors. Single band vs dual band. Wireless interference. Wi-Fi card limitations.

3. Too general of a question. You'd have to diagnose. Window's built in network diagnosis is sometimes a very useful tool.

4. Try resetting both the router and your wi-fi card bruteforce. That means power cycling as well as disabling/enabling the card in Device Manager. If all else fails, hard reset on router and enter new wi-fi settings.

22 minutes ago, CyberneticTitan said:

1. Both the client and the router must have 802.11ac capabilities for there to be wireless AC. In addition, the router must broadcast a wireless AC signal

2. Any number of factors. Single band vs dual band. Wireless interference. Wi-Fi card limitations.

3. Too general of a question. You'd have to diagnose. Window's built in network diagnosis is sometimes a very useful tool.

4. Try resetting both the router and your wi-fi card bruteforce. That means power cycling as well as disabling/enabling the card in Device Manager. If all else fails, hard reset on router and enter new wi-fi settings.

also to add if the router is not dual band capable it might be help hostage at a lower spec from another device on the network that is N based.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

7 hours ago, TheBeastPC said:

1. Why is my protocol displaying the older N technology instead of an AC connection.

2. Why am I getting internet connection speeds up to 72mpbs over a wireless connection

3. Why is my internet cutting out without any signs of warning?

4. When I try to reset the connection it either says cant connect to this network or No internet, secured, why do these messages occur

1. Both devices have to support the standard. BUT signal strength has a lot to do with it. If the signal is too low then the router drops down to slower speeds to make a more stable connection. 

2. Wireless NEVER delivers on its promises. Also as I stated above. 

3. This is a tricky one. Is the WIFI cutting out or the internet? Because as I had to explain to my dad, the internet and WiFi are two separate things. If your wireless is cutting out then it could be interference or a shit router. If your internet is cutting out but the WiFI is fine, then it could be an issue with your ISP. Depending on what kind of ISP you have depends on if I can help you. 

4. The Firmware on the router could be shit who knows. 

Is this a modem/router combo supplied by your ISP by chance? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.