Monitor Splash Screen

TheRuke
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

You can't remove it, unless you have an option on the on screen menu (usually you don't).

Leaving the monitor in standby should not make it appear.

Usually the image is there to cover boot time of the monitor. Boot time can one or a combination of the following:

-> Back light warm up

-> Hardware detection with the graphic card

-> Input detection

-> Internal hardware boot up (monitors with color processors and all that)

Of course, it could be made on purpose as well, to show "Look! You've got an Acer! Please remember us!"

When ever I turn on my monitor it has the Acer Splash Screen and Energy Star Logo. Is there anyway I can disable this? It wastes like 10 seconds and is really ugly to look at.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

maybe, did it come with a driver disc?

most likely no, because it's hardcoded

although if you let it go to sleep, which only uses like <1 watt, then it won't display the splash screen every time

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Nope i have it as well, no way to disable it unless you want to start editing ROM chips on the monitors PCB

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

maybe, did it come with a driver disc?

I think I might still have that. But who uses the disc?

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I think I might still have that. But who uses the disc?

sometimes there's software on the disc, most times it's just a monitor manual(in pdf form)

if there is software try playing around with it, and check my post above, i've edited it a bit

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

You can't remove it, unless you have an option on the on screen menu (usually you don't).

Leaving the monitor in standby should not make it appear.

Usually the image is there to cover boot time of the monitor. Boot time can one or a combination of the following:

-> Back light warm up

-> Hardware detection with the graphic card

-> Input detection

-> Internal hardware boot up (monitors with color processors and all that)

Of course, it could be made on purpose as well, to show "Look! You've got an Acer! Please remember us!"