Please update app center to spec 2

Hi all,

After installing the latest version of app center from gigabyte, and then trying to install Ambient LED for my z1z0 gaming k3 mobo, I get the message "Please update app center to spec 2" halfway through the installation. Thinking i might have downloaded an older version by mistake, I installed app center from my motherboards page and the main gigabyte link, but both seem to be the same version. Installing all the updates through app center itself doesn't resolve the issue either. A quick google search doesn't seem to bring any solutions too.

Any Ideas?

App Center is garbage, I installed it a couple days ago to use SIV and had a similar update problem(among others) so I swiftly gave it the boot. Now I remember why I don't use it.

6 hours ago, Arc_Jester said:

App Center is garbage, I installed it a couple days ago to use SIV and had a similar update problem(among others) so I swiftly gave it the boot. Now I remember why I don't use it.

Yeah, I know that now, but I need to use it as it is the only way to control the mobo leds.

I have managed to install all the other apps it recommends in the update, including SIV, but it doesn't include Ambient LED for some reason. Love the mobo but the software is terrible.

Like the GIF btw.

Screenshot (3).png

Only advice I can give is: try to update BIOS. For some weird reason that fixed some fan issues with Z87, so its worth of try.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv