(i7 4790k @ 4.0GHz) + (GTX 1060 6GB) = What Rad?

(I HAVE EDITED AND REMOVED THE PRICES, TO FOCUS ON THE RADIATOR TICKNESS INSTEAD / I'VE ALSO ADDED MORE COMPONENTS THAT I'VE BOUGHT)

Hi guys, I need some info on a water cooling loop I wanna do.

So, i got the 'Sharkoon QB-ONE' pc case, which supports a dual 120mm or (240mm) at the top of a maximum 5cm(50mm) height(no fans) or 2,5cm(25mm) height(with fans). Also I can add a 8cm(80mm) rad at the back of the case.

GPU: EVGA SC 1060 6GB (ITX)

---------

QB_ONE_09.jpg.16bc1cd9cdef3a5208b032599857a659.jpgds_qb_one_en.jpg.c10c98e77762bab30ce1e7176f44324a.jpg

QB_ONE_02.jpg

QB_ONE_07.jpg

---------

At first i wasn't planning to go water, but i think i can improve the temps, currently at 70ºC on max (aida64 StressTest / Forza H / The Division).

Idles temps are great at 29-39ºC.

I plan on getting a copper rad, cause i don't want to worry about corrosion.

BUT, if i add both the cpu and gpu on the same loop, will temps drop ? which rad tickness should i get ?

Parts so far:

CPU Block - banggood link
GPU Bloco - banggood link
+
Pump - aliexpress link
90º fittings x 2 - aliexpress link
barb fittings - 4 - aliexpresslink

Reservoir - Swiftech MCRES-Micro - Rev 2 (cause of the tiny space in the itx case)

Concentrate - EK-CryoFuel Clear Concentrate 100 mL

-------------------------

I already got a be quiet 120 pwm fan that i'll probably use. If not maybe i'll get 2 Vardars.

I still have to buy the rad and the tubing.

There will be a quick disconnect for draining the loop. This will be easilly acessable tru the side panel.

Let me know what you think about what rad i should get to dissipate all the heat.

Edited by CoolDown2015

The gtx 1060 is not a very hot card.  It probably wouldn't be worth liquid cooling.  As for the CPU, what are you currently using to cool it?  You are more likely bottlenecked by the crappy thermal paste between the cpu die and the integrated heat spreader.  You would probably see a more noticeable temperature reduction by delidding, and using some kind of liquid metal thermal compound between the cpu die and the IHS.  I also think a better option would be simply going for an AIO cooler rather than a custom loop.  But, if you are dead set on it, generally speaking you want the largest radiator that you can fit.  Length > thickness.  So a thin 240mm radiator is better than a thick 120mm one.

I suggest you get the EK a240g, all aluminum so it won't have galvanic corrosion issues and the rad is very slim, plus it comes with a gpu block. 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

10 hours ago, TrigrH said:

You could Delid the CPU.

10 hours ago, Speaker1264 said:

The gtx 1060 is not a very hot card.  It probably wouldn't be worth liquid cooling.  As for the CPU, what are you currently using to cool it?  You are more likely bottlenecked by the crappy thermal paste between the cpu die and the integrated heat spreader.  You would probably see a more noticeable temperature reduction by delidding, and using some kind of liquid metal thermal compound between the cpu die and the IHS.  I also think a better option would be simply going for an AIO cooler rather than a custom loop.  But, if you are dead set on it, generally speaking you want the largest radiator that you can fit.  Length > thickness.  So a thin 240mm radiator is better than a thick 120mm one.

On my previous case, same cpu, same cooler, max temps were 52-55ºC. So it's no the IHS nor the current cooler. I think because the case is small, and currently i only have 1 exaust fan, heat warms the surrondings keeping things 8-10ºC hotter.

10 hours ago, Damascus said:

I suggest you get the EK a240g, all aluminum so it won't have galvanic corrosion issues and the rad is very slim, plus it comes with a gpu block. 

That is a nice kit, but it's 240 dollars, with that price tag, I'm buying my own parts from banggood and aliexpress.

Edited by CoolDown2015

Add vrm heatsinks to that list and remember you are getting objectively worse components this way.  

Also, be very careful with those barbs, not exactly what I recommend.

5 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Add vrm heatsinks to that list and remember you are getting objectively worse components this way.  

Also, be very careful with those barbs, not exactly what I recommend.

yep, i got one link to that. I was hesitating cause my evga gpu heatsink does not touch anything other than the gpu die itself.

1 minute ago, CoolDown2015 said:

yep, i got one link to that. I was hesitating cause my evga gpu heatsink does not touch anything other than the gpu die itself.

It relies on the fan blowing air on the vrms to keep it reasonable.  Try and fit some decent fittings in the budget, you'll kick yourself over saving 15 bucks on fittings only for one to give and kill your pc.

9 minutes ago, Damascus said:

It relies on the fan blowing air on the vrms to keep it reasonable.  Try and fit some decent fittings in the budget, you'll kick yourself over saving 15 bucks on fittings only for one to give and kill your pc.

you mean leaks ? Also 15 bucks to me is 45. I live in a non dollar based country ;(

49 minutes ago, CoolDown2015 said:

you mean leaks ? Also 15 bucks to me is 45. I live in a non dollar based country ;(

What is your total budget?

2 hours ago, Damascus said:

What is your total budget?

less than $100(i get montlly allowance from my parents). By decent fittings, you mean compression fittings ? I prefer them, but they are a bit expensive.

36 minutes ago, CoolDown2015 said:

less than $100(i get montlly allowance from my parents). By decent fittings, you mean compression fittings ? I prefer them, but they are a bit expensive.

Either save up for an a240/240 or get an aio.  I wouldn't trust a cheap radiator as anything under 30 bucks is garunteed to be aluminum, not a good mix w/copper blocks.

Also the pump isnt as good.  Or the gpu block.

14 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Either save up for an a240/240 or get an aio.  I wouldn't trust a cheap radiator as anything under 30 bucks is garunteed to be aluminum, not a good mix w/copper blocks.

Also the pump isnt as good.  Or the gpu block.

copper rad 1: aliexpress link 1 - 20 bucks

copper rad 2: aliexpress link 2 - 40 bucks

Do you think those are legit ?