Hello guys,

First of all I would like to introduce myself. My name is Paweł and i'm from Poland. I'm working with my friend Karol as ExpendableCustoms. I visit LTT since 3 years but i never posted anything. This is my 3rd project so i decided that it's the right time to introduce myself.

If you're interested here are links for my previous projects:All or Nothing and Lambda Core (still not finished - waiting for customs panels from Parvum).

Feel free to check our profile at Facebook and Instagram for more content.

pyLJuOj.png

Project:

2llifhm.png

I would like to thank aquatuning.de for providing all water cooling suff. Without this support it would be much harder to start this little project.

6932f0bc_Aquatuning-Logo.jpeg

Few final shots of the project:

Spoiler

qT165Zz.jpg

3gr1Z3v.jpg

PrvIy92.jpg

10xSjbb.jpg

DKNWE6i.jpg

hV0kl5t.jpg

0qpOxEY.jpg

IkGhBJY.jpg

twormV4.jpg

ZwZBUOT.jpg

lfKfb21.jpg

atSZHSl.jpg

1Bz83Cd.jpg

A few words of introduction about the project. It all started from conversation with my brother-in-law about PC for my nephew, who graduated from elementary school this year. I offered to build PC for him, as a gift. It didn't take me much time to convience my brother-in-law that water cooled it the only way to go :thumb:. His only condition was case as small as possible. After working with monstrous L1.0 form Parvum choice was obvious for me. I decided to use smallest of all Parvum cases for this project - X2.0, exactly frosted clear version, which is not very popular. Frosted clear/satin plexi is main theme of this build. I'm going to use not only frosted X2.0 but also satin Alphacool CPU block, reservoir and tubing.

Building LC loop in such small case will be very challenging, especially bending hard line tubing. At the beginning i didn't even know if all parts i'm going to use, will fit in the case. Only way to find this out was to create exact 3d model of whole build. It took me several hours to gather all necesary dimensions and create model in SketchUp.

YRGQU28.jpg

jQoQnUb.jpg

LsZtcsc.jpg

UezR0x8.jpg

XtJ1pw2.jpg

FYQMNL9.jpg

o7HxmHo.jpg

PC specs:

Case: Parvum X2.0
Mobo: Asus Strix Z270i Gaming
CPU: i5 7600k
GPU: Zotac GtX 1080 Mini
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB 3200MHz
SSD: Crucial MX300 275GB M.2
PSU: Corsair SF450
Fans: 2x Noiseblocker PC-P and Noiseblocker PK-PS
Monitor: Dell U2715H

LC:

CPU block: Alphacool Eisblock XPX Satin Clear
Radiator: Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 140mm
Pump: Alphacool Eisbecher DDC 150mm + Alphacool Satin Plexi Tube
Tubing: Alphacool Eisrohr Satin 13/10mm
Fittings: Alphacool Eiszapfen

Buylog part of this worklog:

abemiOP.jpg

XWOU34E.jpg

ezbdLPi.jpg

Dell U2715H - 1440p, IPS, 60Hz. Great image and build quality.

9XQdEpB.jpg

vNow1Vx.jpg

wB1Rtw4.jpg

gY8sENT.jpg

Mobo looks solid, i hope it will handle overclocked i5 7600k without any problems.

MyfsHje.jpg

p9FjDjS.jpg

Top plastic part will be painted yellow to match whole system.

LJiorcH.jpg

Match between motherboard radiator colour and RAM heatsink is perfect. I'm very pleased about this.

iwnWtBB.jpg

Crucial MX300 275GB will be only drive for this PC, because it will be attached to high bandwidth with NAS, which will store all games/movies and music.

HRU8weO.jpg

VNtasNk.jpg

RjC1q5j.jpg

Heart of system - little Corsair SF450 compared to 'normal' ATX HX1000i

OZVb3Kz.jpg

Due to lack of space i decided to use low profile fans at the back.

sIi3sWV.jpg

yGiXaBc.jpg

lncOLqI.jpg

Pump with standard reservoir tube...

kc3Kmef.jpg

... and with satin one.

wgTF79O.jpg

Color of fluid is not exactly what i was expecting, but it's easy to change.

T7svJEk.jpg

HqCTfSu.jpg

Of course i will make all cables from scratch.

More pictures (including case) at Saturday or Sunday. Stay tuned :).

Wow, no one's first post is ever this exciting. Welcome to the forums!

ASU

@Hackentosher - Thank you very much :). Now i feel pressure to keep level of my next posts :P.

Just received 'mysterious' package from Parvum :D.

YpGrd8g.jpg

Quick assembly of all hardware to check if none of parts is DOA. Luckily, everything is fine :).

y9Rk4RB.jpg

iSjNKI2.jpg

FaRmL8e.jpg

I will post pictures of X2.0 tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Parvum X2.0 frosted clear after assembly:

vDnL58k.jpg

QiijGwF.jpg

sw8kjfn.jpg

JBQ3FzP.jpg

9CIECPj.jpg

tX4bm3g.jpg

ckjtEEu.jpg

rvhsYvw.jpg

N9zn3pg.jpg

1KXDSjT.jpg

AebC1p9.jpg

First issue - original black screws don't match case esthetics. They all will be changed to stainless steel. I've already have few, but no enough for whole case.

Below - front of the case with changed screws. In my opinion it looks way better.

padre5V.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's time to end buylog part of this worklog, and start some real work. I've started with hardline tube bending, because i assumed this will be the hardest part of the build and will determine the whole look of it.

ZZIw9tq.jpg

Assembly station - tactial blanket prevent case from scratching tongue.gif.

8600jwT.jpg

APS07m4.jpg

1NaK6X6.jpg

Mvx9pVR.jpg

p2f7RPN.jpg

4vIMnkg.jpg

Some of you may noticed that pump to CPU block tube isn't connetced. It's because i ran out of 90 angle adapters.

I'm very pleased with look of tubes. Every section is parallel or perpendicular to another one.

TZ9cllc.jpg

Bending station made of 100x100x1cm plywood which helps to screw on every mold i'm using. Heat gun with variable temperature is must have, when i'm bending, because it's much harder to overheat the tube, when you set temperature to 300-330 Celsius.

aCCrG47.jpg

Hardest connection was between CPU block and radiator because of two 90 degree bends close to each other. I've tried few different routes, but finalny i take off all measurements and i built small template for bending.

lBPDT4A.jpg

Pile of shame - all those tubes, except one, are unsuccessful connections betwen CPU block and radiator.

i love the look of it right now, especially the tube from the rad/pump to the cpu block. a nice smooth bend, really nice!! keep up the good work

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

@Glennieboyyy007 @TheCamba Thank you for the kind words :). Pump to CPU block was easiest to make, i just used 180 degree mold and set pump in proper position :P. On the other hand making rad to CPU block tube took me almost 14 hours and 7 attempts.

Today i changed rez tube to satin one, drill holes in base plate and mount the pump. Seems like not to much work, but i had to disassemble whole case to do this.

Ie8T0HY.jpg

E8WE85C.jpg

Tomorrow or day after tomorrow i'm going to paint RAM and start work on cabling.

That is one awesome looking build :D.

@TheCamba Yes, i will use 2 or 3 LED strips hidden in angled aluminium profile with milky cover to dissipate light more even. Now i have to decide whether to use standard white LED stip or RGB one. Asus Z270i has RGB header so going RGB route will be easy one.

• 2 weeks later...

Custom cables for project made from scratch. I made all core cables (24-pin ATX, 8-pin EPS, 8-pin PCIE, PSU Molex), and all peripheral cables (extension for front radiator fan, splitter for rear fans, cable for front panel, also mobo batery and pump got sleeved).

NhhFnrv.jpg

ZQxhIuS.jpg

YwsNBs2.jpg

I've also prepared lights system based on 3 RGB LED strips cased in aluminium profile with milky cover to dessipate light more even. First strip will be placed behind motherboard tray, second above radiator, and third near rear fans.

HknRhCj.jpg

Fans also received a small 'surgery' to mask the stickers and colored cables.

Before:

foSrdvJ.jpg

And after:

CtfDZYE.jpg

I0IPV9B.jpg

New CPU block arrived - Alphacool Eisblock XPX with satin top. I really like it appearance, because it is different from other blocks available on the market.

VrDp87S.jpg

UsnghBJ.jpg

mDxKvx7.jpg

rFZNRAk.jpg

I'm going to use another fluid, because this one is as yellow as North Korea is democratic country, but more on topic of "yellow' fluids in a few days.

Price of GPU in my country at last dropped to acceptable level, so i decided it's time to buy. At the beginning i was aiming at GTX 1070, but finally i managed to find GTx 1080 in a decent price.

The case has some serious limitations on the GPU side itself. Lenght of the card, in most cases, isn't a problem, but height and width is. 2.5 slot cards in theory should fit, but in practice 2.5 slot Palit JetStream is too thick. Another problem is height of the card. Zotac GTX 1080 mini has only slightly higher PCB than "reference" model, but 8-pin PCI-E cables rest on plexi window. If PCB was only 5mm taller, i would be unable to plug them in. This two major problems disqualify most of cards avaliable on the market. Of course throwing full cover water block on card would solve everything, but CPU and GPU on 140mm radiator is too crazy, even for me.

Z4eBVs4.jpg

img]

img]

img]

Unexpected problem I encountered when it comes to fluid color. All of the following fluids are advertised as yellow:

lIqecrP.jpg

I do not know if I am a color-blind person, but I see orange, yellow and green here. Third time lucky and i can start filling the loop.

The orange looks almost like a whisky tongue.gif.

VynAu7H.jpg

Caol Ila 12yo for comparison smile.gif.

In my spare time I remade a 3d model, which was originally use as a "base" for this project. Relative to the original, I had to invert the pump because the original tube arrangement was impossible to achieve - too tight bends, too close to each other.

AOJXPVT.jpgx1RRAth.jpg

I also noticed that build should have its own wallpaper. Of course it's based on picture i found on internet, but i processed it a little.

k0ifWWg.jpg

The computer was supposed to stand on a desk made from tempered glass... which shattered into million pieces before it was delivered from the company where it was ordered. For a new piece i have to wait another week.

12 minutes ago, ExpendableCustoms said:

In my spare time I remade a 3d model, which was originally use as a "base" for this project. Relative to the original, I had to invert the pump because the original tube arrangement was impossible to achieve - too tight bends, too close to each other.

I also noticed that build should have its own wallpaper. Of course it's based on picture i found on internet, but i processed it a little.

The computer was supposed to stand on a desk made from tempered glass... which shattered into million pieces before it was delivered from the company where it was ordered. For a new piece i have to wait another week.

looks so nice, can you show us the final stage of the whole thing when the desk is there?

i'm so excited!!

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

Beautiful PC man! I love how small it is. Perfect use of space!

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

• 2 weeks later...