Recommend me a Keyboard!

Greeetings!

If you are reading this, you are probably interested in my thread. So here's the story.

I need a new mechanical keyboard, which has Cherry MX Red switches, not that expensive, and preferably TKL. My, i dunno, 5 year old? keyboard is I feel feeling rusty and becoming too much noisy and I think it won't suffice me for what I'm doing (mostly productive stuff such as video editing, photo editing and light gaming) plus it really hurts my eyes using a keyboard that is not lit while I'm using my PC in the dark.

TL;DR

-Cherry MX Red mechanical keyboard

-Backlit Keys
-Not THAT expensive, about $100-ish or below will do
-Durable

-TKL

Your help would be very, very much appreciated! And as always, thanks in advance! :)

Love my Corsair K-70 Rapidfire. Should be close to your range i think.

Just now, UnwiseCrown said:

Love my Corsair K-70 Rapidfire. Should be close to your range i think.

It is a great keyboard! but the question is, am I willing to spend $169 $120 for a keyboard? hmm, I dunno, but will keep it in mind! Thank you :D

If you're willing to go 60%, look at Anne Pro. Has Gateron Reds but many swear Gaterons are even better than Cherry. Also has wireless mode, as well as wired, with RGB if that matters. 

Otherwise Ducky One TKL, QuickFire TK or Varmilo VA87M (think it is backlit). 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I have the Corsair k55, and its a great keyboard for the price. 

16 hours ago, Memorizer said:

I need a new mechanical keyboard, which has Cherry MX Red switches, not that expensive, and preferably TKL.

16 hours ago, Memorizer said:

it really hurts my eyes using a keyboard that is not lit while I'm using my PC in the dark.

It is going to be difficult to find a mechanical keyboard that has lighting and still be cheap.

1 hour ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

It is going to be difficult to find a mechanical keyboard that has lighting and still be cheap.

I agree, I don't expect a $50 backlit mechanical keyboard to be as good as $100 ones.

1 hour ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2420

You're not going to get much better than this.

I think this will do! I think I can't find a better deal than that. Thanks alot :)

7 hours ago, SirFido said:

I have the Corsair k55, and its a great keyboard for the price. 

will take a look into that. 

*5 mins later* WAIT IT'S A MEMBRANE KEYBOARD! But is there really a much of a difference though?

7 hours ago, Memorizer said:

will take a look into that. 

*5 mins later* WAIT IT'S A MEMBRANE KEYBOARD! But is there really a much of a difference though?

It does not "click" as much as a mechanical one, which i acctually think is nice. 

16 hours ago, SirFido said:

It does not "click" as much as a mechanical one, which i acctually think is nice. 

Oh, so basically membrane switches are like laptop keyboards, which removes the tactile feel on the keyboard. But is it as good as cherry mx switches? Really new on membrane switches. :)

8 hours ago, Memorizer said:

Oh, so basically membrane switches are like laptop keyboards, which removes the tactile feel on the keyboard. But is it as good as cherry mx switches? Really new on membrane switches. :)

I went out and bought the k55 to test for you; It feels like a mechanical keyboard not laptop one, just less "mechanical". It feels really good tho

On 7/28/2017 at 0:50 AM, Memorizer said:

It is a great keyboard! but the question is, am I willing to spend $169 $120 for a keyboard? hmm, I dunno, but will keep it in mind! Thank you :D

The Strafe is another great mechanical switch option that is similar to the K70, but slightly lower price point.  You'll have a plastic chassis instead of aluminum and no dedicated media keys (uses FN + Fkeys), but still has all the software functionality for macros/remaps, and programmable lighting.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

6 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

The Strafe is another great mechanical switch option that is similar to the K70, but slightly lower price point.  You'll have a plastic chassis instead of aluminum and no dedicated media keys (uses FN + Fkeys), but still has all the software functionality for macros/remaps, and programmable lighting.

I checked it, yeah I agree it's a nice keyboard but it is not TKL, I really need a TKL keyboard because of space management, my desk can't handle a mouse and a full keyboard without giving up space to either peripherals.

Logitech G610 Orion Red.  It is black with white backlit keys.  It looks awesome and the build quality is great.  I own the MX Brown variant (same thing just different switches).  I got it for around $80 USD.

On 8/2/2017 at 11:23 AM, lilbman said:

Logitech G610 Orion Red.  It is black with white backlit keys.  It looks awesome and the build quality is great.  I own the MX Brown variant (same thing just different switches).  I got it for around $80 USD.

it's actually not bad! but unfortunately, i have a really small desk, i don't think i can fit this with my mouse :/