Second opinion on new laptop

Go to solution Solved by Captain Rex,
9 minutes ago, Unstoppablechicken said:

Hello,

I would like a second opinion about a new laptop I am looking to buy. This is the one I've come to seek advice about: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAZU5SB8999

It has an i5 6200U (Dual Core w/ hyperthreading), 8gb of memory, and a gtx 940 mx 2gb (I assume this is the ddr3 instead of the ddr5 version as it is not stated.) I'm positive it can handle my normal work load and low-end gaming (Minecraft and cs: go for example). I want an opinion from multiple people about how well do you think it would hold up to games like GTA V and Battlefield 1 at low-medium settings at 1080p?

I await your responses, 

thanks for your time.

GTX 940MX 2GB DDR5 VRAM stated on the site. As for performance, it a great machine for the price.  

Hello,

I would like a second opinion about a new laptop I am looking to buy. This is the one I've come to seek advice about: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAZU5SB8999

It has an i5 6200U (Dual Core w/ hyperthreading), 8gb of memory, and a gtx 940 mx 2gb (I assume this is the ddr3 instead of the ddr5 version as it is not stated.) I'm positive it can handle my normal work load and low-end gaming (Minecraft and cs: go for example). I want an opinion from multiple people about how well do you think it would hold up to games like GTA V and Battlefield 1 at low-medium settings at 1080p?

I await your responses, 

thanks for your time.

9 minutes ago, Unstoppablechicken said:

Hello,

I await your responses, 

thanks for your time.

GTX 940MX 2GB DDR5 VRAM stated on the site. As for performance, it a great machine for the price.  

$600 for that? Bruh, let me show you another way around this. 

You can get refurbished Dell 7559s for around $680 on eBay with the 4K screen, an i7 6700HQ, 8GB of DDR4 and a GTX 960M 4GB DDR5. 

idk

@Captain Rex

Thanks, I was thinking it was. Like I said just wanted a second opinion :)

(Also thanks for the videos I didn't see those when I was looking before.)

@Droidbot 

While I will admit that is an enticing offer. I'm on a rather tight budget and can't really spend the extra $80, also I'm the kind of person whos kinda always sketched out by refurb stuff.

7 minutes ago, Unstoppablechicken said:

@Captain Rex

Thanks, I was thinking it was. Like I said just wanted a second opinion :)

(Also thanks for the videos I didn't see those when I was looking before.)

I don't think this one come with optical drive, i think. I owned a similar laptop like this except its come with i5 7200u and gtx 950m 2gb gddr5 vram for about $584. 

@Captain Rex

Well, truth be told I'm not all too worried about an optical drive. However, if you can if you know the name of that laptop you owned I would love to hear it. The way you described it it's cheaper and has better specs lol.

3 minutes ago, Unstoppablechicken said:

@Captain Rex

Well, truth be told I'm not all too worried about an optical drive. However, if you can if you know the name of that laptop you owned I would love to hear it. The way you described it it's cheaper and has better specs lol.

Funny thing, on the specs sticker it said i5 6200u, but on the os it said i5 7200u. 

amazon.png

16 minutes ago, Unstoppablechicken said:

@Droidbot 

While I will admit that is an enticing offer. I'm on a rather tight budget and can't really spend the extra $80, also I'm the kind of person whos kinda always sketched out by refurb stuff.

eBay has a money back guarantee system were if they try and scam you all you have to do is open up a case with then and they'll help you or just pay you back.

@That_PC_Kid

True. Just I don't even have an eBay account truth be told. Again like I said tight budget as I'm a student. (But good point thanks for the reply)

@Captain Rex

Wierd lol. Well, anyway thanks for sending. I'm on the fence cause the 950 m sounds nice but I think I'll be fine with 940 mx. The main reason I think I'll stick with the original one is because of that SSD. I Run two 1 TB HDD for my desktop but for school that SSD will be nice.

8 minutes ago, Unstoppablechicken said:

@Captain Rex

Wierd lol. Well, anyway thanks for sending. I'm on the fence cause the 950 m sounds nice but I think I'll be fine with 940 mx. The main reason I think I'll stick with the original one is because of that SSD. I Run two 1 TB HDD for my desktop but for school that SSD will be nice.

These two videos show GTX 940MX in 15 games.