Moving a Raid array to different SATA ports possible?

Coombzy

so my 2 6gbps a second sata ports are taken up by my raid 0 config I was stupid not to buy an ssd at the time but oh well I was wondering if I moved them to the sata 3gbps a second ports would it still maintain the raid in order for me to put an ssd in and get my old files off them?

You can re-create the RAID 0 from removing it from the SATA 2 3/Gbps ports. Not so sure if you'll lose any data.

Is it from SATA 2 to SATA 3 or the other way around?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

You can re-create the RAID 0 from removing it from the SATA 2 3/Gbps ports. Not so sure if you'll lose any data.

Is it from SATA 2 to SATA 3 or the other way around?

it will be the 2 on SATA 3 that I will be moving to 2

Both drives are ssd or hdd. If they're both hdd you should move them to the SATA 2 3/gbps

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

Both drives are ssd or hdd. If they're both hdd you should move them to the SATA 2 3/gbps

yeah wondering whether I will lose the data so I am thinking as another plan to put the ssd on a sata 2 port then move it afterwards after I have moved the data from the 2 HDD's

As long as the RAID 0 which for mechanical hard drives is just weird I don't think you'll have any issues. Changing the ports.

make sure your RAID-drives are all connected to the same SATA-Controller.

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

From your description I assume your using a intel board? If so it should work and pick it up right away.