Questions about Philips X2

StormEye

I am currently looking to expand my headphone/headset options by getting an additional headphone that is compatible with V-Moda BoomPro that is very comfrtable.

Just want to get some info before I start going out for shopping regarding some of the things about Philips X2 headphone.

1. Whats the deal with X2/00 and X2/27? I checked Philips website and they listed the headphone as X2/00, but its listed as X2/27 in Amazon.

2. How's the comfort level of this headphone? Is this generally considered one of the most comfortable headphones currently in market? I've been reading some posts in this forum and others regarding the comfortable'ness of this headphone.

I have a pair of Fidelos, they are very comfortable. Decent clamping, ear cups are large, and soft.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

1. X2/00 and X2/27 are identical, the only differences might be in packaging. One version is for US and the other for Europe.

2. I've had the X2's for a few months now and I find them to be very comfortable. Out of all the headphones I have (Sennheiser HD800, HD650, HD598, Sennheiser Momentum and the Fidelios) I'd say the are the most comfortable, perhaps tied with the HD650. They have large, soft earcups and a wide, soft headband. Of course every head is different so your mileage may vary.

7 hours ago, JR1911 said:

1. X2/00 and X2/27 are identical, the only differences might be in packaging. One version is for US and the other for Europe.

Oh wow, thanks for clarification. Never crossed my mind that its just a packaging difference. I mean, I should have known when I bought Shure SE846 that the packaging was VASTLY different to the US counterpart.

I found a shop that is selling Philips X2 pretty cheap (roughly 50% of the local price), so I will be giving a visit later today.