Ssd+ hdd + optane?

ProRules
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,
1 minute ago, ProRules said:

Why is that? 

Because optane is just a cache, just like with SSHDs.

You never get to choose what goes on it, it's small, it still has to load all the data to the HDD to make space when it needs to store something else, it needs to learn your most used programs because it does anything to improve speed, etc.

Just put all your stuff on a normal SSD and the experience is 10x better.

Hey guys, is it possible to benefit from optane if the windows is installed on my hdd, and the ssd being a second drive for some games and programs?

Don't realy care about windows loading times.

I know optane works only for the drive windows is installed on, but if i add an ssd to the raid as second drive, will it still boost the main drive hdd with os on it?

Yeah but look for some benchmarks for that

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

You should put windows AND your programs on the SSD, and put files and games on the HDD since they don't need lots of speed.

Don;t waste money on optane with an SSD in the system, just buy a bigger SSD.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

You should put windows AND your programs on the SSD, and put files and games on the HDD since they don't need lots of speed.

Don;t waste money on optane with an SSD in the system, just buy a bigger SSD.

But will it technically work?

I got for free optane and an old ssd

4 minutes ago, ProRules said:

But will it technically work?

I got for free optane and an old ssd

Sell both and buy a good quality large SSD.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Sell both and buy a good quality large SSD.

Might actually do that, but still im realy wondering if it would technically work?

2 minutes ago, ProRules said:

Might actually do that, but still im realy wondering if it would technically work?

Yeah, but it would suck.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yeah, but it would suck.

Why is that? 

1 minute ago, ProRules said:

Why is that? 

You never get to choose what goes on it, it's small, it still has to load all the data to the HDD to make space when it needs to store something else, it needs to learn your most used programs because it does anything to improve speed, etc.

Spoiler

On 7/26/2017 at 3:17 PM, Enderman said:

Okay thank you!