Mixing AMD and Nvidia GPU

TenzoNakami

So uh, this is quite an experimental question: Can I mix the GTX1070 and RX550?

I currently own a GTX1070 and a friend of mine has some RX550, and I do have a FreeSync monitor which is, sadly, not supported by Nvidia GPUs.

But since FreeSync is supported by AMD GPUs, I am thinking to combo run the GTX1070 and RX550. I am thinking if I could make the game runs on the 1070 but the display is actually being outputted to the monitor through the RX550 is possible.

Anyone ever tried this? Will there be some kind of bottlenecking or issues?

CPU i7-7700K @5.2GHz     Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA     RAM 2 Kits of TridentZ RGB F4-3866C18D-32GTZR     GPU 2 of ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 AMP Extreme

Case be quiet! dark base pro 900 black     Storage 4 of 6TB WD RED (on server), 2 of Samsung 850 PRO 1TB (on RAID 0), Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe, Intel 400GB 750 Series

PSU Corsair HX850i     Cooling EK-RES X3 250, EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM, EK-Supremacy EVO Gold, EK-Coolstream CE 420, Black Ice GTS420, 7 of EK-Furious Vardar FF4-140

Spoiler

Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM     Keycaps Mionix Frosting + Mionix Ice Cream     Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma + Steelseries Sensei Wireless

Mousepad Custom printed by evghapad.id     Headset Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO 250 Ohm     DAC audioengine D1     Speaker Custom designed 7.1 by ss-audio

Microphone AntLion ModMic 4     Monitor 3 of LG 29UM58-P, 2 of Samsung C27F390     Controller XBOX ONE Elite Wireless, 3 of Sony PlayStation DS4

no

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, TenzoNakami said:

the game runs on the 1070 but the display is actually being outputted to the monitor through the RX550 is possible.

No.  Not possible.

Unless you are some sort of technomancer....not likely or you make some bitchin' hybrid card though the darkest and most vile sorcery. 

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

3 minutes ago, Aphala said:

Unless you are some sort of technomancer....not likely or you make some bitchin' hybrid card though the darkest and most vile sorcery. 

7 minutes ago, Rohime said:

No.  Not possible.

8 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

no

DX12 heterogeneous mode could work

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

then you would need a game that actually supports that. I know AoTs supports it because I know a guy that ran a APU + 950 together in it, but other than that ehhh

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

I mean at that point you might as well just buy one high end GPU unless you want Nvidia PhyX for that one game :P

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.