VC239H to VG248QE?

koji
Go to solution Solved by koji,
1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

I have the VN279QL (very similar panel, but 27" screen with some extra features) and the VG248QE Side by side as my dual monitor setup. 

The 144hz difference is night and day, especially if youre getting FPS at that max 144hz. There is a noticable difference in color, especially in whites, and colors look brighter and more vivid on the IPS, but I doubt you'd really notice a whole lot if you didnt have them side by side....

THAT BEING SAID

I cannot recommend this monitor to you. This monitor was made in 2012 or 2013, and it still has 2012 or 2013 pricing on it... Seriously I paid the same price in 2014 as you would today. There are MUCH better options now, especially since you have an AMD GPU.... AOC G2460PF 24-Inch (amazon link) is a $210 144hz display with FreeSync. This is just one example, there are probably a few more at this price point if you wanted to shop around.

Thank you man. I just saw your reply, a few mins ago I've saw that I also have the option of G2460PF which is just a little more expensive but w/ FreeSync. And I also discovered that the best option currently at the price range is ViewSonic XG2401 since it produces better visuals than the AOC G2460PF but also has FreeSync.

I'm leaving this comment so others could also see their options. :)

I'm currently using Asus VC239H.

1080p, 60Hz, IPS

Now if I we're to switch to VG248QE..

1080p, 144Hz, TN

Would that be satisfying? Btw, i'll be spending $100 for the monitor swap.

I play CS:GO on the weekends but I mostly watch anime on the weekday after I got home from school.

I wonder if going from IPS to TN is a huge impact on the display quality.

I dont watch sideways so I dont care about the viewing angle.

And another thing is if spending $100 is worth it for playing 2-3 games on weekends.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

I had the vg248qe and it was great. 144HZ isn't just for competitive games. It feels better in all games and the desktop. I've never used IPS so can't say on that matter. But I use 144hz and would never switch to an IPS if it meant I had to use less than 120hz.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

5 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

I had the vg248qe and it was great. 144HZ isn't just for competitive games. It feels better in all games and the desktop. I've never used IPS so can't say on that matter. But I use 144hz and would never switch to an IPS if it meant I had to use less than 120hz.

Yea I was considering that smooth desktop feeling.. But I am not sure if it'll affect my preference because I got used to IPS and I havent tried 144Hz TN.

On your point of view, do you think it's worth spending $100 to swap my current monitor?

I hope someone with the same scenario with me before could give feedback too.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

34 minutes ago, koji said:

Yea I was considering that smooth desktop feeling.. But I am not sure if it'll affect my preference because I got used to IPS and I havent tried 144Hz TN.

On your point of view, do you think it's worth spending $100 to swap my current monitor?

I hope someone with the same scenario with me before could give feedback too.

I have the VN279QL (very similar panel, but 27" screen with some extra features) and the VG248QE Side by side as my dual monitor setup. 

The 144hz difference is night and day, especially if youre getting FPS at that max 144hz. There is a noticable difference in color, especially in whites, and colors look brighter and more vivid on the IPS, but I doubt you'd really notice a whole lot if you didnt have them side by side....

THAT BEING SAID

I cannot recommend this monitor to you. This monitor was made in 2012 or 2013, and it still has 2012 or 2013 pricing on it... Seriously I paid the same price in 2014 as you would today. There are MUCH better options now, especially since you have an AMD GPU.... AOC G2460PF 24-Inch (amazon link) is a $210 144hz display with FreeSync. This is just one example, there are probably a few more at this price point if you wanted to shop around.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

THAT BEING SAID

Thank you man. I just saw your reply, a few mins ago I've saw that I also have the option of G2460PF which is just a little more expensive but w/ FreeSync. And I also discovered that the best option currently at the price range is ViewSonic XG2401 since it produces better visuals than the AOC G2460PF but also has FreeSync.

I'm leaving this comment so others could also see their options. :)