Chrome or Firefox

Right now I'm recreating the windows 10 media tool because my last one got corrupted, so I'm using my local library's computer to download it again and I saw Chrome and Firefox and Chrome wasn't responding after I clicked download and in Firefox it downloaded right away what browser should I use from now on and I've had experience on Chrome but not much Firefox and which one will be good for a better UI experience?

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

chrome looks better and is faster and is 64 bit lol

firefox runs faster on older hardware i guess

also chrome beams everyting you do to google so .. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

If you're asking for a better time with a certain browser, then Chrome is the way to go. People can argue with me but it's pretty much personal preference. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

Just now, Jasun said:

If you're asking for a better time with a certain browser, then Chrome is the way to go. People can argue with me but it's pretty much personal preference. 

Ok I don't care what browser but as long a screen it can get my stuff done fast 

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

Ok I don't care what browser but as long a screen it can get my stuff done fast 

Use Chrome, it's faster. ;) 

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Just now, Jasun said:

Use Chrome, it's faster. ;) 

Ok and my brother also noted that too but my specs are from at least 2013 so it's older

Firefox is faster and consumes considerably less RAM, use the old theme restore and it also is the best looking.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

7 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Right now I'm recreating the windows 10 media tool because my last one got corrupted, so I'm using my local library's computer to download it again and I saw Chrome and Firefox and Chrome wasn't responding after I clicked download and in Firefox it downloaded right away what browser should I use from now on and I've had experience on Chrome but not much Firefox and which one will be good for a better UI experience?

Opera? :P

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

Ok and my brother also noted that too but my specs are from at least 2013 so it's older

I have an even older system but Chrome seems to work fine. Just a bit slow to start since I have DDR2 RAM which isn't the greatest. (obviously).

Just now, Changis said:

That's for mobile stuff

Just now, Jasun said:

I have an even older system but Chrome seems to work fine. Just a bit slow to start since I have DDR2 RAM which isn't the greatest. (obviously).

Yeah DDR2 isn't the best but DDR is better and I have some too

10 minutes ago, themctipers said:

So chromium I guess

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

11 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Firefox is faster and consumes considerably less RAM, use the old theme restore and it also is the best looking.

Ok

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The browser I use depends on my use case:

• Firefox as my daily driver
  • Edge for consuming live streams or non YouTube media (Firefox's performance is eeeehh for me and it tended to leak)
  • Chrome for web app development because it has a lot of tools for the job

Oh wow I know that I maybe live streaming in the future but not with my current rig

14 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

i mean core duo lol

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, TAHIRMIA said:

I would say chrome

Ok

Just now, themctipers said:

i mean core duo lol

Yeah I know I the oldest CPU I have is a Pentuim 4 that I bent the pins on months ago but I didn't know much about PCs

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Chrome is my alternative but I don't really use it beyond web app development.

But contrary to popular belief, Edge is fine

I used edge very limitedly and I hate the UI and the slowness

Firefox and Chrome have been around the same speed for a while now. Chrome was faster than Firefox when it was new, but the idea that Firefox is slow compared to Chrome doesn't hold up in my experience. However, that period was enough to hit Firefox's user numbers pretty hard and the advertising Google does helps keep Chrome on top as well. A lot of people just haven't used Firefox in a long time either since once you pick either of them, there aren't many compelling reasons to switch. However, I will say that Firefox 55 and 56 are going to bring some quite noticeable speed boosts. I use Firefox Nightly (currently FF56) and while it is buggy since it's not even in beta yet, it's really fast. Unless you care about privacy, in which case Firefox would be better, what you pick doesn't matter that much. When it comes to UI, the two are very similar, but Firefox has more customization.

25 minutes ago, noahdvs said:

Firefox and Chrome have been around the same speed for a while now. Chrome was faster than Firefox when it was new, but the idea that Firefox is slow compared to Chrome doesn't hold up in my experience. However, that period was enough to hit Firefox's user numbers pretty hard and the advertising Google does helps keep Chrome on top as well. A lot of people just haven't used Firefox in a long time either since once you pick either of them, there aren't many compelling reasons to switch. However, I will say that Firefox 55 and 56 are going to bring some quite noticeable speed boosts. I use Firefox Nightly (currently FF56) and while it is buggy since it's not even in beta yet, it's really fast. Unless you care about privacy, in which case Firefox would be better, what you pick doesn't matter that much. When it comes to UI, the two are very similar, but Firefox has more customization.

Ok thanks for more info about the two