ASROCK p67 extreme6 Top two PCIE slots not working.

Taurian

Hi first post.

I have an Asrock p67 extreme 6, of which two f the top PCIE slots does not work. 

CPU:   Intel core i5 2500k.

MB:    Asrock P67 Exteme6.

Graphics card :  Gigabyte Geforce GTX 750 ti (no power slots)

PSU: Zalman ZM600GV (600w) (Brand New)

RAM: Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600

Issue: No display when I plug graphics card in PCIE2(16x) PCIE4(8x).

Debug code d6 on the on board LED. POST gives out 5 short beeps.

Has display on the very bottom slot. 

Things i have tried so far, 

Tried another working card ( ASUS Strix GTX980) nothing changed.

Reset CMOS by removing battery for a good 2 hours, using the CMOS jumper and also by the button at the IO panel.

Bought and replaced the BIOS chip with the latest version. Downgraded BIOS to the original version. 

Tried another working PSU cooler master V650. 

Don't know, what to do other than what i have already done. 

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thank you

had the bottom slot of my P67 Sabertooth dead, might be that the P67 chipset is just bad idk. i just know the P67 sabertooth is known through out all three revisions to have this problem and ASUS refuses to do anything about it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

26 minutes ago, Taurian said:

Hi first post.

I have an Asrock p67 extreme 6, of which two f the top PCIE slots does not work. 

CPU:   Intel core i5 2500k.

MB:    Asrock P67 Exteme6.

Graphics card :  Gigabyte Geforce GTX 750 ti (no power slots)

PSU: Zalman ZM600GV (600w) (Brand New)

RAM: Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600

Issue: No display when I plug graphics card in PCIE2(16x) PCIE4(8x).

Debug code d6 on the on board LED. POST gives out 5 short beeps.

Has display on the very bottom slot. 

Things i have tried so far, 

Tried another working card ( ASUS Strix GTX980) nothing changed.

Reset CMOS by removing battery for a good 2 hours, using the CMOS jumper and also by the button at the IO panel.

Bought and replaced the BIOS chip with the latest version. Downgraded BIOS to the original version. 

Tried another working PSU cooler master V650. 

Don't know, what to do other than what i have already done. 

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thank you

It's likely to be a chipset problem, so not much you can do about it except replacing the motherboard

Have you looked up the beep and error codes?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

It is very likely to be chipset p67 b3 related, i had problem with asus p8p67 with 2500k, and at random moments both pci slots stoped working, when i re-installed gpu (plug it out then plug it back) it would work just fine, tried other gpu same problem..

Thanks guys for your responses. 

@kelvinhall05, yes I have looked up both codes. POST (5 short beeps): process failure. 

And debug code d6 shows no output console devices detected.

I was reading through another post in another forum about the same issue and solution was to bend back a pin in the lga array which was bent. I checked my lga array with a microscope and couldn't find any bent pins. 

I was thinking the same thing about the chipset. But wouldn't it cause all the three slots to be dead rather than two dead and one working?

14 hours ago, Taurian said:

Thanks guys for your responses. 

@kelvinhall05, yes I have looked up both codes. POST (5 short beeps): process failure. 

And debug code d6 shows no output console devices detected.

I was reading through another post in another forum about the same issue and solution was to bend back a pin in the lga array which was bent. I checked my lga array with a microscope and couldn't find any bent pins. 

I was thinking the same thing about the chipset. But wouldn't it cause all the three slots to be dead rather than two dead and one working?

As far as i know top two slots are x8 speed when used both (sli) and third is always x4 speed.. I guess that x4 pci lanes are going through chipset and not directly to cpu ( that can cause your gpu to run slower then usual)..